Crispins tank number 3 (cycle faster than lance!)

the antique show has aired by the way, i can see if i can find the link and you guys can watch it over the net.....naturally its all in a language you wont understand (norwegian) but you'll see my house, the farm, the antiques and a little of the animals we have....oh and me and the wife:)

found the link....a few adds in the beginning but should start after a little while....Skjulte skatter - Episode 7 | TV3 play
out of intrest does this link work in good old rsa?

lol fuzzy, good to know it works:) it just shows the antiques i was chatting about earlier in the thread (that big cupboard next to my tank is from late 1700 and was vallued at around 100 000 Kr which was rather surprising. SOme guys wanted to see the antiques so you'll get an idea of the farm i live on (and the mess its in:))

cooool...seen some antique shows on tv..people dont relise what valuable items they have..

What is sad about this is that we had to wait for an Antique Show to visit your house to show us a clip about your tank....lol.

Btw, how much of that antique stuff you sold, got ploughed back into the tank?

Now that I also know a famous person, I will invite you for an exclusive Marlin Fishing trip. Write it in your Dairy, from Now until about March is a good time.

So how much stuff is still lying around in that attic and old barn?

Thanks Riaan. I realized something.
To be able to gather so much stuff (or at least be able to keep it for so long), one must surely live in a country where there is no crime..... :(

and that is over 200 years of stuff in the attic. Cannot remember the real age of the house now, @crispin can say. The barn is older than the Castle in Cape Town. The one where he had his wedding.

So you need generations of people leaving behind interesting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
im now the very proud owner of a Powder brown (Acanthurus japonicus) which i have waited years before finding one I realy liked. I definatley wanted the Acanthurus japonicus as it has a far better rep with regards to its survival in captivity and I wanted a small specimin so he would fit in quicker with the already established tangs in the tank.

here's a good read on the difference between the A. japonicus and A nigricans http://www.wetwebmedia.com/GoldRimSs.htm

He's settled in well, no signs of aggresion and although he is too thin for my liking he is eating well (both grazing and from Nori, but no interest in flakes just yet) and staring to fatten up. He is a beautiful fish, and i am very chuffed to have him:)

wow that fish is stunning @crispin i really like the contrast between the black yellow and almost blue white dorsal fin and tail. Nice addition

Last edited by a moderator:
watched your video clip of the sale. Very interesting I had gone through a similar thing with my grandfathers WW2 and other items a few months ago and I loved it.

WRT you Nigiricans. Can see it wasn’t QT'd at all or well enough, and in my opinion its looking on the down side allot. I would expect aggression of some sort from your sailfin I have had many sailfins at that size and bigger and they can be very agro at that size. You picked the right species yes but still they are challenging fish. Hope for the best as they are gems of the oceans IMO. Seen huge schools in the Galapagos that just take your breath away.

Back
Top Bottom