Aquascaping idea.

EFJ

Reaction score
I want to pass an idea past you gys. I bought a new tank and it's 1500mm lg x 600mm wd x 900mm h, my idea is that I want to do something different regarding aquascaping. I am looking at building a castle or something resembling one of the ancient wonders of the world but to achieve this I will need to make it in sections. My plan is to make items from polystyrene and then cover item with cement/sand mix in order to give some weight and give it a porous texture. Obviously it will need to cure in fresh water for 4-6 weeks before I use it. I am also going to add locating pins form plastic rods or something similar on each item to aid with assembly and support. Any advice or thoughts welcome. If any pics of something similar would be appreciated.:thumbup:

69415.png

BusseltonJetty.jpg

busselton-dive.jpg

If I had the space and money. I would try and mimic a jetty setting. A few pieces of 120mm pvc pipes standing upright. Drill some different sized holes in the pipes cover with a bot of cement and fill the pipes with LR rubble. Attach frags and so on. I think something like this would be awesome!!!

I have never liked the idea of sunken cities, boats, helicopters and all that fake stuff. Not that it could not look cool...........it just does not go. Also the fact that it is way out of proportion just makes it look like a toy in water. That is just my opinion.........:)

@Bflynn The jetty setting sounds like a good idea, definitely something I will look at. What I was planning was to make something to a set scale so that nothing looks out of proportion. I also got an idea from another site where I take a cement garden statue (or something in that line) break it into segments and then arrange them in the tank with rocks. All ideas are welcome. Once I start will definitely keep updates.

You can go go crazy with scaping. I have always liked the look off man made things reclaimed bye nature. But little fairy castles.........eish!

Best off luck!! Keep us updated. I am thinking of doing something in this line myself.

Back
Top Bottom