Urgent help needed Fox face problem

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just noticed my fox face has got small holes on the side of it's right hand jaw area. Just below the eye and on front of it's gills. It's nearly impossible to get a good picture of the area, but I'll try again. It's a number of very small holes.

He is eating as per normal. I just fed him after lights on and he ate Ocean nutrition formula 1 pellets as well as some Vitamin C dipped Nori.

The only thing I can think of is that he being harassed a bit by the Clown Surgeon.

I'm busy getting my hospital tank up and running and should be done in about and hour or so.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Anemone. Very interesting article and it supports my theory of it being stress related. I managed to sump him now until my hospital tank is ready.

These holes are always present on some fish but sorry I cant recall if this includes the fox face but what I have found is that fish with internal parasites normaly display much larger holes in this area, I have seen this often with YT's. Are the holes on both sides?

Trev

These holes are always present on some fish but sorry I cant recall if this includes the fox face but what I have found is that fish with internal parasites normaly display much larger holes in this area, I have seen this often with YT's. Are the holes on both sides?

Trev

Hey Trev, no only on it's right hand side.

You're welcome! Let us know how it goes, and get some pictures up if you can.

Will do Anemone. Hospital tank is almost ready.

Get urself some vitamin c by brightwell or use some lemon juice like the squeezy kind!! I had a one spot foxface that had similar problems!! Just increase the mucus membrane around him+sum laka flow so he can keep replenishing mucus!! And feed feed feed!!! Goodluck dude!!

It could, or it could be a combination of things.

First I think we need to be certain that it is in fact MHLLE. If so, I'm not certain that a QT is the best solution, as it will induce more stress which will weaken the immune system.

He seems happier now. I can already see an improvement on some of the spots on it's lateral line. It's still happely eating.

Get urself some vitamin c by brightwell or use some lemon juice like the squeezy kind!! I had a one spot foxface that had similar problems!! Just increase the mucus membrane around him+sum laka flow so he can keep replenishing mucus!! And feed feed feed!!! Goodluck dude!!

Thanks man. I still have some brightwell vitamin C, but not enough to last me more than a couple of days. I'll get some Lemon juice until I can get more brightwell.

Foxface looking better every day. I think i'm going to put the Clown Surgeon up for adoption. :) Will put it in the for sale forum as soon as I can take a picture.

Back
Top Bottom