Zoo's wanted

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Where can I buy or beg for colourful zoanthids in KZN? I would like to get any colour except green or brown(too much green and brown corals already). Any advice?:notworthy:

Where can I buy or beg for colourful zoanthids in KZN? I would like to get any colour except green or brown(too much green and brown corals already). Any advice?:notworthy:

The sea with the correct permit

Yeah dude, you get a permit and you can just go collect Zoo's yourself. What a pleasure! Wish I lived by the warm ocean :)

yeah dude,obtain a permit and drive down to Umdloti,millions there

Where do I get a permit and how much $$$$???

You should be able to get from the post office. Think it should be under R100.

You should be able to get from the post office. Think it should be under R100.

Thanks man, but what permit do I ask for?

Hi guys - zoanthids do not count under corals under the permit. It not NOT allowed to collect any hard corals (LPS or SPS) at all under the permit. Zoanthids are considered invertebrates.

Warr - I do agree with you that it should not be "advertised" that corals that are collected, are shared in any way. Even though there's no clarity on whether the life stock are or are not allowed to be given away....

BTW: this is the exact same permit that you get for fishing, SCUBA diving, collecting bait, and for collecting marine fish for your own aquarium use. Each one of these categories cost R75...

Hi guys - zoanthids do not count under corals under the permit. It not NOT allowed to collect any hard corals (LPS or SPS) at all under the permit. Zoanthids are considered invertebrates.

Warr - I do agree with you that it should not be "advertised" that corals that are collected, are shared in any way. Even though there's no clarity on whether the life stock are or are not allowed to be given away....

BTW: this is the exact same permit that you get for fishing, SCUBA diving, collecting bait, and for collecting marine fish for your own aquarium use. Each one of these categories cost R75...

Wow, that's weird, not classified as corals. So would you need the same permit you require for fish collecting ?

Will the "reef police" know Zoanthids fall under invertebrates? I don't wanna get into @$*?+!! because of uninformed people. I doubt they'll even know what a zoa is...:whistling:

Thanks for info guys :thumbup:

Very good question Sims:thumbup:

I got another one.... how do you get them off the rocks without damaging them?

Back
Top Bottom