Urgent help needed Zoa's sick

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Boendoe, 10 Feb 2010.

1. Boendoe

Boendoe

Hi all, I have large patch of green zoa's growing in my tank for over 2 years now, but two weeks ago I noticed that one area the polyps are closed for several days. I left it and waited to see if they would recover, but they started to get a green slime coveting the closed polyps. It started to spread so I cut out the sick ones but this did not help as it's still spreading.

There hasn't been any major change in the water parameters or new additions to the system, and all of the other corals seems fine. It also can't be another coral stinging the zoa's as the affected area is far away from any other stinting coral.

Any advice?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Take it out and cut it more aggressively. Make double sure you get all the dead and affected polyps away from the rest.

4. Adee

Adee

what salt are u using and what frequency is your water changes?

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Cur away those with slime, it will spread and kill the others next to it. It is too late for those with slime over them anyway.

maybe increase the water flow over the rest, to blow away other pieces of slime you missed.

Check that you do not have a Sundial snail hiding in there somewhere. Small with very flat cone. Almost disc like. Black with yellow marks on the outside. Like a sun dial.

6. poiromaniax

poiromaniax MASA Contributor

are you sure its not cyanobacteria ?

7. Pads

Pads

I agree with Riaan and Marius, my polyps have had it before and they will die if you don't cut away the slime tissue. Zoas grow quite rapidly so rather cut off more than less and risk the other getting nifected. This morning I checked my zoa colony and noticed a bare patch amongst the colony and in that spot was a little blue starfish.
    So I removed it. Hopefully your's comes right as well. :thumbup:

Recent Posts