zoanthid eating nudibranch treatment

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mandarinman, 10 Nov 2011.

1. mandarinman

mandarinman

Hi guys i have seen a couple of bhergia looking nudis eating my zoanthids. i dipped the loose frags with coral rx but my rockwork is kinda solid. i have a possum wrasse and i was wondering if he would eat them if hungry enough. i have done a little research and it looks like salifert flatworm exit is the thing to use if your infestation is not too big. i am tending to lean in this direction. has anyone got suggestions that may help for current situation? I should dip all my corals when thwy come in. from now on yes i will.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Achilles

Achilles

go with the salifert exit , problem is it wont kill the eggs so you may need multiple treatments , if you can dip the affected rocks by removing from the tank that is better than using that med in the DT as it does kill all kinds of worms ( good and bad) and this may have a negative knock on effect.

4. mandarinman

mandarinman Thread Starter

I looked through my tank and didnt see any this morning while zoanthids were closed ( i took) out the ones i saw last nighti am not going to feed tank so that maybe the possum wrasse will do some work if any appear. i am moving in two weeks time so i will dip my large rockwork when i move. i am going to get FLE in the meantime

5. rakabos

rakabos

Ah the age old problem, or should i say the problem since Vietnam zoas starting hitting our shores. Ive had major major success using flatworm exit, and it is reef safe so u dont have to go to extreme measures.

The way you dose it is critical. By that I mean one treatment wont be enough. You will kill the existing ones within minutes but the eggs will still hatch. Treat with 125% dosage every 2 weeks for 8 weeks, so that makes 4 treatments. And then day bye bye to the nudis.

This website was gold to me:

http://www.practicalcoralfarming.com/zoonudis.html

6. mandarinman

Thanks rakabos i am feeling very excited on the one side and poep scared for my snails and clam

7. rakabos

rakabos

I had no clams, but lotsa fish, coral and inverts. Didnt have a single issue, but just research on your own about the clam...

8. mandarinman

Thanks rakabos i am feeling very excited on the one side and poep scared for my snails and clam

9. mandarinman

Bought the salifert flatworm exit and treated my tank. man it is one tiny ten ml bottle in a huge box but it looks like it is working. they say you must treat three times so that u catch the eggs hatching. achilles and rakabos thank you so much fpr the advice !

Recent Posts