Zoa eating pellet?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by wiesnerm, 20 Aug 2009.

1. wiesnerm

wiesnerm

I have noticed a few times when feeding the fish in my tank that my giant Zoa (not sure if that is what it is called) closes completley and after a while opens up again. This morning I noticed a pellet (Hikari Marine-S) falls on top of the Zoa and then it closes. When it opens again the pellet is gone.

I never knew that Zoa's will take pellets to supplement their diet. :) Have anyone else had a similar experience?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. chikaboo

chikaboo

Corals are living dude if food comes their way they going to eat! Even flakes or frozen foods!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Fishy Steve

Fishy Steve Hiden super user

My zoa's eat anything that lands on them and my clown feeds my anemone big pieces of omega 1 salmon flakes which it seems to like. Dunno if its as good as frozen or fresh but dont think its bad for them. Maybe the experts can shed a light on this.

5. Tony

Tony

My cup coral eats whatever lands on its polyps along with some of my zoas although not all of them respond to food. If the food is cool for your fish then it's definately cool for your corals. I used to feed my sun coral flake and pellet food and it was as healthy as it gets

6. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Guys - take into account that pellet food and flake food, is just minced up, and dried seafood (well - mostly).... so - there's no reason why our lifestock cannot and will not eat it.
    I have learnt that the lifestock we keep in our tanks, are very highly adaptable. They will learn what is food - and eat it.... and grow fat ;) (because we always tend to overfeed our lifestock).
    In nature, fish HAVE to constantly eat - because the amounts that they get at a time, is so little.

In our tanks, we feed them until WE think they are full......

Recent Posts