ZETLIGHT ZA1201

Wow...sweet tank :thumbup:
Looks like these are some good LED's

at night

IMG-20170830-WA0124.jpg

They have apparently discontinued the controllers for these. I can’t find one anywhere. Online or at stores.
thats odd we deal with importer daily and have 2 in stock and just orderd 3 for a client

they dont have the dual controller anymore but the 1201 "L" controller is a single controller that works well

thats odd we deal with importer daily and have 2 in stock and just orderd 3 for a client

they dont have the dual controller anymore but the 1201 "L" controller is a single controller that works well

Maybe that’s just garbage I’m being fed to get me to buy something else.

More than one ps have told me that. They all have receivers no controllers

Can you give me a link or price for the receiver and controller. I can’t find it on your website @TheWaterboy

Last edited:
ok so I don't know what each button is called so I'll go with the button colour:
only the blue and white settings work, the other colours don't make a difference as they work in conjunction with the white light
Open: 7:00am
purple: 2hrs w:5 b:8
orange: 3hrs w:15 b:20
green: 3hrs w:28 b:32
red: 4hrs w:10 b:20
blue: 8hrs w:0 b:5
leaves me with 4 hours of pure darkness from 3am to 7am
bear in mind the room where the tank is gets no sunlight until the curtains open at 7am so that room is dark at these times.
sump lights turn on at 20:00 and off at 5:00am

this might not be the perfect setting but, it works for me and also bear in mind that no tanks are the same and might react differently.

pm me if you need help, and I'll give you a call back, might not be an expert but always willing to help.:thumbup1:

Untitled.png

I have a 1201L (Model with lenses on the blue and controller included) on a 40x40x40, Nice light, good spectrum, great with controller. As Leslie mentioned not recommended for tanks deeper than 40 - 45cm unless you raise the corals a bit.

A great buy at a great price.

Nice :drool5:
What's your lighting schedule?

ok so I don't know what each button is called so I'll go with the button colour:
only the blue and white settings work, the other colours don't make a difference as they work in conjunction with the white light
Open: 7:00am
purple: 2hrs w:5 b:8
orange: 3hrs w:15 b:20
green: 3hrs w:28 b:32
red: 4hrs w:10 b:20
blue: 8hrs w:0 b:5
leaves me with 4 hours of pure darkness from 3am to 7am
bear in mind the room where the tank is gets no sunlight until the curtains open at 7am so that room is dark at these times.
sump lights turn on at 20:00 and off at 5:00am

this might not be the perfect setting but, it works for me and also bear in mind that no tanks are the same and might react differently.

pm me if you need help, and I'll give you a call back, might not be an expert but always willing to help.:thumbup1:

They great lights esp for the price I had 4 of them on my 5foot 2x 1201 and 2x 1201L they worked great for softies but my Lps and sps were not happy I now got 1 in my sump as a refugium light

Hi is there anyone with za1201L manuals. Finding for one in English!

Anyone here have problem with the timer of this lamp? Mine one with time going haywire. Time setting changed randomly.

I used this light on my tank, and had decent growth on my birds nest and pocillopora corals at the top of the rockwork and my branching hammer, which is at the bottom of the tank.
The Zoas and GSP get decent growth under the light. I recently upgraded the 1201 WiFi and the 1201 will move over to my smaller tank.
If you are able to get it, get the ZN1002 controller for your light, can adjust lighting to suit your needs and has time of day settings.
ZN1002 controller? I thought the light is controlled through the Horizon Aqua handphone apps.

Does any one know if you can connect the A200 Wifi controller to the ZA1201 by adding on the receiver and removing the normal on/off switch?

Back
Top Bottom