Zetlight Qmaven 2 6800 - Opinions

Reaction score
Hi, is there anybody out there who is using the Zetlight 6800 Qmaven ii ( the one without the fans )? I'm considering putting this on my RS 350 mixed reef, predominantly LPS and zoa's. There are a couple of the "easy sticks" such as birds nest and orange emerald forest digi in the tank as well. I'm not a stick fan and generally prefer my LPS corals, so my interest is mainly lighting for the LPS corals.

I can't quite decide between 2 x Redsea LED 90's or the Zetlight 6800 Qmaven ii, the one without the fans.

TIA, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have one.
Awesome light imo.Should be perfect on your tank.

Thanks Baberbek, how well do the colours pop? I'm not really a fan of these blue, blue tanks that seem to be popular with the LFS these days, I far prefer a more natural look, a bit of colour pop is a bonus of course.

Thanks Baberbek, how well do the colours pop? I'm not really a fan of these blue, blue tanks that seem to be popular with the LFS these days, I far prefer a more natural look, a bit of colour pop is a bonus of course.
Can set it to your desired look.

i have one on my RSR350.
brilliant light. extremely powerful. i had to back mine down massively as it was bleaching my corals

i have one on my RSR350.
brilliant light. extremely powerful. i had to back mine down massively as it was bleaching my corals

Are you able to tweak the light much? I have Zetlight 6600, but they are not wifi and I can't tweak the light too much......although this might actually be a good thing LOL !
How are you finding the coral growth? I see you planned a mixed reef, predominantly sps if I understood you RSR 350 post correctly.

Are you able to tweak the light much? I have Zetlight 6600, but they are not wifi and I can't tweak the light too much......although this might actually be a good thing LOL !
How are you finding the coral growth? I see you planned a mixed reef, predominantly sps if I understood you RSR 350 post correctly.

plenty the app allows you to fully control light spectrum and photo period.
my tank is suffering with a Dino outbreak so i cannot really comment on growth as i have drastically reduced my photo period

I am running 2 x 6600 but with a A100 wifi controller. Both lights are connected via 3.5mm headphone jack to a 3.5mm splitter and then to A100. Instead of the 0 -32 std settings with the A100 its 0 - 100, time adjustment is easier and all done from android.

Sorry,missed that question.

Yes ,colour pops nicely but I must say this light looks far more natural than the 6600 I have.
Easy to use with the app.Plenty of settings.
Did you end up getting one?

Hi Charlie Brown
Below is a very interesting link to watch regarding mounting height and settings as well as PAR levels on your 6800

That light will be perfect for your tank
Regards
Tief

Hi, If my tank is 120cm x 80cm and 70cm deep, will 1 x 6800 be enough light for my tank? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom