Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardware for sale
Thread title:
Zeo reactor and halide pendant for sale
Shipping or Collection only:
Collection only
Photo's and description/list of items for sale:
I've got a reef octopus zeolite reactor for sale with a 500lph RO pump which is the perfect flow for zeolites. Asking for R800-00
11284dd7a5f9e7399.jpg

I aslo have a 250W SE metal halide pendant with w geisemann 250W 14000K metal halide. I've had the unit for two months and I am selling because I have gone the T5 route. It has all the controller gear and suspension cables and is a plug and play unit. Asking R3500-00
11284dd7a65df3b90.jpg

11284dd7a6830c557.jpg

Notes:
-

Last edited:
Please could all dibs be kept on the open forum and not PM so as to avoid arguments

Bump

lovley items there tony, i have alerted one or two guys that are non-forum members for you, lets see if they bite. i will pm you if anyone gets back to me..

I see that pendant is silver on the outside..is it the Aquarium depot pendants?, cos normally their pendants are black?

I see that pendant is silver on the outside..is it the Aquarium depot pendants?, cos normally their pendants are black?

It is from them and I was also suprised because they are normally black. I didnt really bother me afterwards because you could hardly see the pendant with the canopy cover.

Les, that would be great. I will ship to them if you show me how. You are better than this than me

Hey

Im still new with the zeo lite route.
What media do i use with that reactor and what is the running costs of such media.
And for what size system is that reactor rated for?
If i can use it on my new system i will take it pending research first.

Hey

Im still new with the zeo lite route.
What media do i use with that reactor and what is the running costs of such media.
And for what size system is that reactor rated for?
If i can use it on my new system i will take it pending research first.

Evo

The amount of zeolite depends on your system size. A box of Brightwell zeolite will retail for about R150-00 will do about 500 litres of water and will last six weeks by which you replace half the zeolites with fresh. The flow through the filter is at about 450 lph and you flush the zeolites once or twice a day by pumping the reactor to release the bacteria which grows on it which in turn feeds the corals. This is done in conjunction with bacteria and carbon dosing which allows lots of bacteria to grow on the stones. The reactor can handle stones for about 1000 litre tank as I was using it in a 700 litre tank before

It could with a bigger pump. Who knows

When you ran this reactor, did you use it with a dsb or only the reactor?

What else did you use?As i to am planing on using it for my new cube, and space is very limiting so looking at alternitaves that will use the least space but still give me more than enough filtration.

Other than a skimmer and the occasional filter floss, nothing. The zeolites absorb ammonia, house the bacteria which reduce N and P so you dont need GFO. Adding bacteria and carbon dosing is all you really need along with pumping the reactor once or twice a day to dislodge the bacteria. You just need the right amount of stones for your tank size

I may be interested in the Reactor if u are willing to ship Tony.

If you show me how I can ship although I suspect it's probably very easy.

@Evo R. Are you still interested in the reactor

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it would be this easy. Kunhart lets just see if Evo r is still interested otherwise it's yours.

@Tony i am interrested, its just that i havent made up my mind yet as to what filtration route im going to use.

If its still available when i know what route im going i'll take it. Otherwise a sale is a sale;)

@Tony do you want to wait for Evo or do you want to ship it this side of the world? ;)

Oh is it external or an internal reactor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom