Your next photographic purchase discussion thread

I will edit the post and add the basic EXIF info
I do post on ODP. Just not tank stuff. My name on ODP is mjmza. Its were I post my wildlife shots.

So many excellent shots and yet the photo comp was canceled. :whistling:

Here is a review of it if you have not seen it yet
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Review

As in the review, it is soft wide open but as you stop it down to f7.1- f8, it becomes sharp all round. Yes it does not compare to the Canon L series lenses but they are also a lot more expensive. The copy I had was very sharp in the center but it did fall off quite quickly compared to the L series lenses.

Hola ma gents!!!
It's been a while since I last posted but i've been checkng the forum out from time to time! I'm currently also in the market for the 550D ultimate bundle pack but I spoke to the guys at Dions Wired today and theirs is going on special on the 15th of December. So i'm just waitin on that otherwise i'll slide into Orms and make a plan! Later!

Yeah, saw it. Price is on the expensive side, As Mudshark say ORMS has them on special for R5 less :p

That is not a special on ORMS. That is the new price and they are just making out as if it is a special. Check on SACamera and you will see it also for R2999 and not on special. It used to cost over R4000 but the price has dropped in the last 3 months.

The one on ODP has the filters with and depending on the quality of the filters it is quite a good price. A decent polarizing filter could cost you R750 at least.

So here's what I want to do.... Sell my Nikon D3000 with the 18-55mmVR and 55-200mmVR, SB600 + cable. Then I want to move to the Canon 550D as it's a lot cheaper than the equivilent Nikon D7000.

I'm not sure about lenses yet. I find that I mainly use the low end of the 18-55mm for lanscapes and the 55-200mm on 200 for surfing.

Do you guys think that I may be wasting my money? The setup I have now is less than a year old.

Back
Top Bottom