Hi Guys

Please can anyone tell me more about the yellow wrasse. A

nybody have them in their tank?

What do they eat?
How big do they get?
Friendly or terrotorial?
Compatable with clown?

1394496b10f346e00.jpg

Firstly, that doesn't look like any Yellow wrasse I have seen.

Thinks to consider: it may eat feather dusters, tubeworms, and flatworms.

Also fully grown is 125mm long, so needs at minimum 50g tank, IMO it needs even bigger

Peanut - they are also known as banana wrasse.

They seems to be ok inmates. They sometimes dissappear for days under the substrate.

All wrasses eat invertebrates. So - if a wrasse becomes to big, then they start lifting up rocks to search for small invertebrates (including crabs, star-fish, shrimps, amphipods, copepods, worms, etc)....

They are beautiful fish - but can be mischievous...

I have never owned a banana-wrasse - but I do have a 6-line at the moment. And used to own a queen coris wrasse....

Banana Wrasse - (Thalassoma lutescens) - 300mm full grown - Aggressive

Yellow Wrasse - (Halichoeres chrysus) - 125mm - Peaceful

I hate that they hide in the substrate, and they sometimes hide for days on end

Iv got a lime wrasse...and he seems so chilled and placid

they never stop swiming!, you have to switch all the lights for them to go to sleep.

they never stop swiming!, you have to switch all the lights for them to go to sleep.

:lol: agreed.

He is also great mates with my blue cheeck goby. Even tried eating the subtrate like the goby, but spat it out very quickly when realising it is not food ........ :no:

Hi guys, I do not think the photo benn lloyd submited is the same one as the one peanut has. Look at the caudal (i think) fin on the back. Peanuts fish has four black dots, lloyds doesn't.

I also got this same fish. Mine only really "sleeps" under the gravel, rest of the time it swims about. What can I feed it. My clowns are getting granulated food, yet this wrasse does not seem to be taking it. Any advice please, I'm scared it might starve...

What do they eat?
How big do they get?
Friendly or terrotorial?
Compatable with clown?
I have a canary/banana wrasse and he chows like a pig,Ocean Nutrition formula one pellets,frozen artemia,frozen marine mix and flakes.
Mine seems to have stopped growing at about 10cm.
They are very friendly.I have another(unidentified wrasse) in the tank and he hardly pays any attention to him.I have never seen him show aggression in any way.
I dont have a clown,but I doubt he will even look at the clown.

BTW I have been told before that there is a difference between he banana wrasse and canary wrasse(i think).The one is completely yellow and the other(like that in the pics on this thread) have a white stomach.Im not sure which is which,but mine was sold to me as a Banana wrasse.
67249cd14c2caf3b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom