Urgent help needed yellow tang help

Reaction score
Hi guys my yellow tang has all.of a sudden developed these red blotches. He is eating well and eats everything. How do I treat it Google says bacterial infection. Has any one else had this on their tang.

20160105_172647.jpg

20160105_172610.jpg

I just did a water change on Sunday. My nitrates 0.2
P03 0.01

Your No3 seems very low at 0.2ppm..how do you measure that?...do you mean 20ppm?
If your water parameters are in line I would add Seachem Kanaplex and Seachem Focus to the food...(Its a good antibiotic that targets gram negative and some gram positive bacteria)

No it is 0.2 not 20 my nutrients are low. Water tested at my lfs. Thanks will look into that seachem product

Last edited:
Are running carbon in a reactor perhaps?

If so its the carbon being fluidized that's giving the yellow tang early signs of head and lateral line erosion, I had the exact same on my yellow tang.

I suspended the use of carbon and he recovered

Hi butcherman no not running carbon but running bio pellets in a reactor for No3 and po4 would this be the cause ?

Like @butcherman said, Common occurrence when Running Pellets. It Normaly starts if you just started using Pellets or you Toped up your Pellets! If It was me..... Just leave him be! Will go away by itself. No nead to stress him. Looks Nice and healthy.

Hi running about 80 mills of these pellets having added anymore only that amount from the start. It does get less on him and a couple of days later is back again like in the pic. Thanks for the help guys .

20160106_183409.jpg

No I don't but no stray voltage all my pumps are dc pumps my last tank shocked to badly so changed everything to dc

Back
Top Bottom