Yellow Tang and algae sheets

Bayls

Not often called Junior!
Reaction score
Hi
My yellow tang has in the tank for 4 days and is swimming around and pecking at the algae on the rocks, but he won't touch the green algae sheets i put in the veggie clip. is it worth dropping some shredded algae sheet into the water column or is this pointless? How can I get him to find and eat from the clip?

cheers

Hi
My yellow tang has in the tank for 4 days and is swimming around and pecking at the algae on the rocks, but he won't touch the green algae sheets i put in the veggie clip. is it worth dropping some shredded algae sheet into the water column or is this pointless? How can I get him to find and eat from the clip?

cheers

Use an elastic band to attach some to a rock and place it where he normally forages, also you could ad a but of fresh garlic on the sheet to peek his interest

Might just be that he doesnt know what Nori is yet

Good luck

yes agree with Kanga,newly introduced fish are usually shy on taking nori from the clip.
all of my surgeons and tangs were like yours,but they eventually began taking from the clip.just give it time

i would suggest putting shredded Nori pieces in the water column and the clip.

My tangs love both

I feed spirilina flakes and sea veggies flakes o make sure they get their greens..

The elastic band round the rock trick works like a bomb he will be eating nori in no time.

I use to let a small piece nori soak in SW for a little while, then tear of smaller pieces and "rub" it between my 2 finger just enough to make it softer, then place in the water, they use to grab it up.

Back
Top Bottom