Yellow Goat Fish

Reaction score
hey guys I have a yellow goatie that feeds very very sporadically. I have had him 6 weeks and aside from going pale and not growing is looking brilliant. But thats not really good enough and I would greatly appreciate advice on feeding him.

web sites basically say " Carnivorous, feed a varied diet that includes frozen preparations for carnivores Young fish will need to be fed often ."

so what advuce can you give me to get this fella full and happy?

he also spends a while each day grooming at the shrimp cleaning palour, which i take as a bad sign!

get him some Artemia or mussels,might tempt him

i am going to hatch some brine for him but the muscles are a race between him, a chock chip starfish and two bulldozer hemies.

he lifts his feelers at flake food but does not take it, ie shows interest but not feeding.

how would i target feed such a lively and shy fish? if fresh muscle is to his liking?

Erm... Is your goatfish dead? That it can't win a race between itself (a fish) and two slow inverts?

Last edited:
there is NOTHING slow about those hermies and i think he swims to bloody fast to register there is food there.

i will get sinking pelets to the floor as well see if he picks them up, if the bloody cleaner shrimps will let it settle:)

Get some from Warr - I sold him all my frozen food (which he still has to come collect)

Back
Top Bottom