Yellow belly blue regal death

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by madmike, 13 Mar 2013.

1. madmike

madmike

Hi All

Could someone pls help me. I bought this regal on Saturday and today he looked like he wasn't doing to well then this evening found him dead.

He looks like he lost some colour and wasn't swimming to well not sure what happened. All my other fish look perfectly healthy.

image.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 3dd

3dd

I bought one at a shop in edenvale 2 weeks ago and mine died last week, had him for 5 days in quarantine, and the one day I found him swimming upside down.

Not nice loosing such a pretty fish, condolences :(

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

could be stress induced.

Or something went wrong during the acclimatization process. Looks like a small regal, and normally smaller fish adapt easier. Long time ago I bought 3 small tangs, one of them a regal. After 3 to 4 days the regal disappeared while the sailfin and blond naso was all too happy. They came out of the same tank, went through same acclimatization process. Into the same big tank. Things happen.

5. 3dd

3dd

yea also thought it was stress never saw it eating while i had it aswell

6. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Unfortunately we never know how fish are caught or handled at their origin, all the fish we buy, wether we be the final purchaser or the wholesaler takes a risk, we would all like to believe that the fish we buy have been treated to acceptable levels, yet we will never know! So sorry about your loss!

Recent Posts