Yellow Aiptasia???

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Interesting...

That rock looks pretty good minus the aptasia, what kind of rock is it?

Reaction score
I was wondering where this Aiptasia could come from. This is the fisrt one I have seen in a year in this tank and the colour is what is pusling me. It is bright yellow like the sun coral.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I was wondering where this Aiptasia could come from. This is the fisrt one I have seen in a year in this tank and the colour is what is pusling me. It is bright yellow like the sun coral.

According to the books i have read, aips are supposed to conme in many colours, never seen a yeller'un before though:)

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
jewel anemone perhaps?

I don't see any bubble algae either?

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Alfie, coincidentally I zapped on with a kalk/RO mix this morning. Also yellow but not as bright as this one. It dissappeared completely.

I'd say get rid of it now.

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
you have good eyes i still cant see it

Reaction score
Hope you see this in time........
Guys, please don't condemn something until it is positively identified as a unwanted species. (But then again all the jails are full of innocent people......)

Before you nuke it, bring it to me please. I will grow it into something we can identify. If it is aiptasia, I will feed it to my ever begging copperband and you get the rock back. If not an aiptasia, you can have it back.

Reaction score
Ivan, I have been in no hurry to kill it. Good idea, lets see what happens. Will arrange sometime this week

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Good thinking Ivan, some nice perspective there:thumbup: