wow wow wow.....I couldn't believe my eyes.

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by warrmich, 30 Nov 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warrmich

warrmich

So....i was at Aquaria on the weekend when I noticed that Lawrence and the Aquaria team had a bunch of theses ( pics below ). Artificial corals....now I think to myself....why artificial coral? Well, its simple....we all strive for the best looking tanks and the best fish money can buy, but we always have cautions and rules when it comes to stocking your tank with the correct fish to suit the occasion. For example...want a reef tank...no butterflies and only certain angles. Now if you want the exquisite angels and butterflies, then no corals. We can never get the real beauty of a reef with all its inhabitants and color because we always worry what is and what isn't reef compatible. I want a tank with the fish from the reef with the corals from the reef. So how do I get it right? I do it with the help of Lawrence and the Aquaria team and their incredible selection of fake or synthetic corals. Now i don't have to worry what fish I cant buy cause they're going to nibble and destroy my expensive corals. No more exact water specifications for corals. No more stressing about which coral will sting and wage a chemical warfare on the corals and the rest of the tank. Guys, these corals are amazing...colorful and vibrant. The even move in the currents of the tank giving it a real lifelike look. Have them on their own or add them to your existing corals for that dash of vibrant color. The stuff is so real, I can't wait to add it to my tank. And for all the beginners out there who are tired of all the "not for beginners" warnings...this is for you. And for all the advanced guys out there who just want that relief from the ongoing reef tank headache...this is for you too. Guys...get down to Aquaria and check them out...I promise you it will be worth it.

thanks for incredible hard work to make our hobby a desirable one.

IMG-20141130-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20141130-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20141130-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20141130-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20141130-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20141130-WA0001.jpg

Reaper and madmatt like this.
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norman Stapelberg

Norman Stapelberg

tagging along

4. wookie

wookie

Yea seen them overseas when i lived there they are neat.

5. Fenton

Fenton

tagging

6. zayd

zayd

Not to be a part poooper but not impressed by them. Colours pop out way too much. Don't look natural to me.

I wonder if algae and coraline grow on them

Last edited: 1 Dec 2014
  7. rakabos

rakabos

Bright and colorful for a few weeks then they go green and brown from algae growth on them, so whats the point really?

8. Reaper

Reaper

Yeah they look good, but just too good for me too - on the flip side, if you wanna do large angels and butterfly fish, I can see it working well.

9. BennieV

BennieV

Plastic

10. JS

JS

Not cool....dont look anything like the real thing...

Jarred van niekerk likes this.
  11. Brendan6

Brendan6

If you want large angels and a loggerhead turtle in your tank, then you need to weigh the pro's and cons of coral or no coral. Honestly what is the point of this hobby if you do not learn husbandry of all the creatures you are putting in your own care. This hobby is a challenge, I love it and would not want to forsake husbandry for brightly coloured, soon to be an algae smothered sps.

12. warrmich

warrmich Thread Starter

guys this is the first line of stuff...i had a look at them in a tank with the led lighting and let me tell you that, it was hard to tell the difference between the real and synthetic. My photos don't do them justice. Just wait till I get pics of them in the tank amongst the real corals and then you'll see how lifelike they are.

13. warrmich

warrmich Thread Starter

@Brendan6 I have a friend who has one butterfly in his tank which caused havoc and killed off a few corals. i was impressed and I've seen fake stuff before and this was by far some of the best. Some of the best and award winning tanks in USA are stocked with synthetic corals and they don't seem to have a problem with algae and other things.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  14. JS

JS

Please show me one "award winning" reef tank with fake corals....

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  15. warrmich

warrmich Thread Starter

just watch fish tank kings bud the proof is in the pudding

16. Brendan6

Brendan6

Dooooood...those tanks do not run long enough for you to see the algae growth.

17. JS

JS

Whaha...you are one of "those"...explains it... b.t.w...ive not seen any of those fake tanks win awards...

Lord_Blackadder and tyronvs like this.
  18. Brendan6

Brendan6

That is why you need good husbandry. That is why this hobby is brutal and brutally awesome.

19. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Fake corals do have a place in the market. Especially fish only systems with fish that you can never keep with corals. Some fake corals would add some color to otherwise bland rocks. and the lighting do not need to be that intense, so that would already help in regards to algae growth. Agreed they will eventually be covered but it should be easy to clean them. I hope.

20. Brendan6

Brendan6

Real REEFERS cringe at fish tank kings. Maybe FOWLR guys enjoy it.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2014
    Lord_Blackadder and Perky Pets like this.
  21. avikar91

avikar91

What price do they range from?

Recent Posts