WOW - look at the angels

Discussion in 'Fish Only Tanks, Predator Tanks' started by ziyaadb, 19 Jan 2011.

1. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

Magman im sure you will love this

All in a 100G but i wonder for how long?

Queen
    Koran - i think
    emporer
    French
    blue face
    Now this is where it gets interesting:
    Flame
    Coral beauty
    Bi colour

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

nice fish. Wish they had done a full tank view of it.

its a Pomacanthus chrysurus (gold-tailed angelfish)

4. Achilles

Achilles

too small cant be sustained long term all those fish probably a dealers tank

5. ziyaadb

ziyaadb Thread Starter

agreed it does look like a store.
    What do you think about the dwarfs though? COuld it be possible?

6. Achilles

Achilles

Yes it is possible with dwarfs but not 100% safe you will have a pecking order and some bullying , depends on layout , indivdual fish and feeding regime.

7. Yuri

Yuri

i think the thing is that space in the east cost a lot and that is why there tanks are over stocked

8. ShaunSwindon

ShaunSwindon

Definately a store tank. You can see the cars parked outside :p

Beautiful fish though :)

9. magman

magman

Nice fish, some nice angels in there, I can't wait for my queen to get bigger now.

I think it is a shop's DT, as you can see the dominance is already settled between the fish.

10. ziyaadb

ziyaadb Thread Starter

cool thanks

11. Hannah

Hannah

Since the topic of space came up in this :) I thought I'd ask for some opinions! My grandma and I have a 40 gal tank with lots of live rock and pretty much basic lighting. We currently have a goby, a sailfin tang, a medium sized clown fish, and blue damsel. I have my heart set on a flame angel but I am afraid I'm out of luck, I'm worried about space, we have a "stretch hex" and it is a little deeper than the average 40 gal. Also, I hear they are aggressive and my grandma hates to see the fish get after each other too much. Any advice!?

12. chikaboo

chikaboo

mmmm correct me if I'm wrong but was this not answered in one of your own threads .... Or were the suggestions not helpful enough and you still in a dilema .... better to bump your old thread so that we stay on the topic of Angels in this thread and assisting you finding a fish in your thread .....

13. Hannah

Hannah

Well this question is more specifically about the flame angel and not just the fact that my grandma has her heart set on a red fish. And since the size of the tank and the amount of angels in it came up thought I'd ask here. Sorry if I stepped on any toes.

14. chikaboo

chikaboo

Nobodies toes toes hurt ... dont worry .... just trying to make it easy when someone has to follow a thread going by the thread title ..... Space issues are very tricky and there are "norms" but fish sometimes go banana's and dont do what they supposed to .... Like in this thread it is more likely that this is a shop tank and since they wont be long here or or for some other reasons there are so many angels in this small tank .... we still at a loss .... Although flames are the dwarf species of angels but do tend to have a temper ..... Build up a good relationship with your petshop and ask them this is what you plan to do and if they are willing to exchange the flame if all hell breaks loose .... I'm sure they would be happy to if they don't have to give you money back .... Even lave a "credit" there untill the right livestock or hardware comes along ..... Why I d'suggest doing this with a petshop is they would be able to quarantine the fish again and you dont lose out monetry wise ..... BTW .... wheres my manners ... Welcome to MASA ..... Explain to Grandma .... Sometimes good husbandry is very hard (just like humans end up in divorce cos of compatibility issues) you just have to be sharp enough to remove the troubled ones before its too late ..... Hope this helps

15. Hannah

Hannah

lol Thanks, and that sounds like sound advice. I think I'll hold off on the angel until I have a home with a very very large tank to keep it in. They are so beautiful though and it is amazing how some of them change their looks so much over time. Oh and thanks for the welcome! Apparently there is a website for the states, but I didn't know that before and you all are so nice I think I'll stay here! :)

Last edited: 6 Mar 2011
  16. Ala Jardine

Ala Jardine

lets hope the angles are in a store tank and will be moved out soon. They seem to be in very good condition though, despite the cramped space and presumed stress.

17. rob189

rob189

i like the scaping :)

18. Ala Jardine

Ala Jardine

Hey Hannnah

I visited St Louis a few years back and thought it was great. Had very much hoped to visit a few marine dealers, but was there for a conference and could not make the time.

19. ighsaan

ighsaan

This tank is in Clermont i think in a shop it is a gig tank 1.5L x800W x950H

Recent Posts