Wounded by a coral

Reaction score
hi all

just a quick question

i was busy with my sps 5 days ago and a piece of sps stabbed me and i bleed quite a bit. my hand is now very red in the joint and muscle betwwen thumb and palm. its a bit swollen red and very sore. what should i do

Go see a GP and tell him about it. It could just be a bacterial infection. Don't know if it may be poison, doubt it.

IMO never mess around with an infection.

Whenever I graze myself on coral while diving it does the same thing. Takes ages to heal. I am not sure if it is from the mucus on the coral. See a gp though.

flame_angel,

A little story for you.

I went surfing early January and while climbing over some rocks to get to some nice rolling swell I slipped and knocked my knee against a rock, continuing along my merry way I enjoyed a reasonable surf for 2 hours, apon trying to exit the water I found it hard to move the knee without grimacing. 2 days later I was in hospital with a rather large bacterial infection. 4 weeks later they cut the knee open and found a small piece of shell stuck in there.

The knee is still sore.

Go see a doctor now. :p

-E

When I was stung on the finger by my Elegance through an existing cut. It took over 6 months for the swelling to go down completely.

Even had a red line going up my arm for a while.

I just left it but I don't think it was a good idea. Can get anti alergy stuff etc, from GP.

go see a doc quick.remember once while diving,a urchin peareced my flipper and entered my toe and broke in there.the urchin remained there for about a month.i hate docs.didnt go!suffered for a few weeks but luckily my toe was saved hehe

flame_angel,

A little story for you.

I went surfing early January and while climbing over some rocks to get to some nice rolling swell I slipped and knocked my knee against a rock, continuing along my merry way I enjoyed a reasonable surf for 2 hours, apon trying to exit the water I found it hard to move the knee without grimacing. 2 days later I was in hospital with a rather large bacterial infection. 4 weeks later they cut the knee open and found a small piece of shell stuck in there.

The knee is still sore.

Go see a doctor now. :p

-E

Good advice Elrond, FLameAngel, go to the DOCTOR NOW OK???

but thats if you like them, unlike me :lol:

Hell i hate them, always " yada yada yada loose weight, stop drinking eat healthier", man i know it why must they tell me?

But F Angel, go now, rather safe, more than likely nothing but hey rather safe than sorry

I really need to get myself some heavy duty industrial gloves..The ones that go till the shoulder...hehehe

Go see the Doctor Bru...You never know

Guys dont mess around with infections from tanks, there are some really nasty bacteria that live in our systems, see a doc.

Guys dont mess around with infections from tanks, there are some really nasty bacteria that live in our systems, see a doc.

Agreed so Flame, I hope you not reading this becuase you are in the car on the way to the doc

I use the dishwasher gloves. Not sure if it's reef safe but they work lekker, nice and thick. I'm also looking for those that go up to the shoulder.

go see a doc quick.remember once while diving,a urchin peareced my flipper and entered my toe and broke in there.the urchin remained there for about a month.i hate docs.didnt go!suffered for a few weeks but luckily my toe was saved hehe

Sheez ... a whole urchin? Your toe must be big :lol:

only going to doc at 3. so hopefully my hand will still b whole... dont stress kanga

Back
Top Bottom