Worst Livestock Choice Ever

This is really a nice thread. Makes my blood boil when you hear all the LFS encouraging the sale of anything. I wish there was a way we could educate more people to research before they buy. It would certainly save a lot of unnecessary deaths of all the beautiful creatures in the sea and it may also discourage the LFS from just accepting what is sent to them. Dont know for sure but I imagine they dont do that in the States.

ive learnt to google before buying. at least i know the risk before i choose to buy what i want in anycase.!

Last edited:
Haha mine was a box fish... Didnt do any research on the guy... He died and wiped out my entire tank.
Since then, i started reading and asking questions so i never have to kill a fish or coral again.. They are so beautiful and its not the "money" part but the part by moving natures beauty from their home into our tanks and
Letting them die because we were careless enough to let it happen

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I love this thread! My mistake was two Humbug Damsels, about 16 years back, man are they NASTY, the sad party is that I really loved them as they were my first ever marine fish, and the internet was just a baby here in SA, and google wasn't around then, so you just trusted the dude at the LFS.

Coral wise i would have to say @FransSny chalice that i am baby sitting - after killing off a metalic green brain and some shrooms it got banished to the sunmp....

Last edited by a moderator:
AS RIAAN SAID, DEVIL DAMSEL and MY WORST was

Bird Wrasse-

2943981096_0c3f603a92.jpg

killed my one and only Clam,

my Dragon Wrasse-

rockmover600.jpg

They f... stuffed up my tank big time by arranging the rock, and the worst of them all,

the Formosa Wrasse,
1033646C.jpg

dunno how many coral it killed by toppling the coral over, onto other coral- I am not fond of the Wrasse family, had more than enough of my share with them

Last edited:
well why do you try keep the wrasses that are big enough for you to catch on a 2 O hook!...get the small pretty docile fellas:)

although i do love the bird wrasse and that Formosa wrasse realy is a beautiful fish.....both in appropriate tanks

yea funny for OTHER people...i caught him the other day with my hands, and he doesnt learn. If you bite me, i whack you. Some day he'l get the picture
perhaps he thinks, put your fingers in my territory i'll bite you....someday you'll get the picture :p

perhaps he thinks, put your fingers in my territory i'll bite you....someday you'll get the picture :p

:lol::lol: I'm sure my tomato clowns say the same thing. The pair gets really agro especially the female & bites flippen sore when I add or move coral around or when scraping the glass. Sometime they even gang up & attack from all angles. I thought they would get use to my hands in the tank after 2yrs but hell no she's a feisty little bugger.

perhaps he thinks, put your fingers in my territory i'll bite you....someday you'll get the picture
I am willing to bet who will back down first, still one of my favourite fish.

Back
Top Bottom