worst diy ever

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by nakoma, 21 May 2009.

1. nakoma

nakoma

what is the bigest floped diy you ever attempted like one of myne is i once drilled a 40 mm hole right in the center at the bottom of my 2000 lieter tank and tried to fit a big tap thing on there as well to drain water to try and save time on water changes and well you can imagen what the result was cost me to rebuild my whole tank

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Warr7207

Warr7207

Eish, that sounds horrible. I thing most non-DIY guys try stay away from it, if they don't know what they don't. Me included :p

4. nakoma

nakoma Thread Starter

i once rewired my lights as well i was siting on the floor when i was done i got up and all the lights and blasts was haning from me i hade wites around my neck over my shoulders then i went and pluged it in and i could not see if the foresent haning from my back was working or not ummmm yes it turned out to be a shocking adventure

5. chikaboo

chikaboo

:lol::011::rofl:Cant stop laughing trying to picture this scene but I'v also been done that road!

6. seank

seank

Nakoma, this is Big Brother speaking: "Please refrain from doing any more DIY work as you will kill yourself !!!" "THIS IS AN ORDER !!!"
    :lol: :lol:

7. nakoma

nakoma Thread Starter

I just got a new jigsaw and i got plans ....... On my fist tank when i was in school meany years ago was a old washing machine pump well it worked for a day then it fell of the plank i nailed it to and the old microwave oven fan i added to keep things cool in my old boilogical filter fell into the filter and this happened while i hade my haed stuck inside the filter to check the water movement well lets just say the flash and everything caused me not to see so well for a day or so lucky our main boxes has trip switches

8. ben lloyd

ben lloyd

:lol:your bad
    my wurst was when i was 13 i made my own gun using my dad's shot gun bullets long story short i shot my self in the leg.

9. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

:lol:

10. nakoma

nakoma Thread Starter

:whistling: legs dont grow back lol

11. seank

seank

Neither does brains. You guys must be more careful, especially when teaching your kids.... :lol:

12. nakoma

nakoma Thread Starter

lol ok i heard of a guy once who sliped of his ladder he uses to get to his tank and fell into his tank i think he lie he hade to mutch to drink and thought it whould be a nice time to try ameture diving in his tank

13. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

ha ha some scary ones there nakoma, ben you crazy dude.. i have done a few stupid things. but none as funny as that i will have to try remember..

14. nakoma

nakoma Thread Starter

there is another few more scary stories but i dont think i will share those ones cause they are a bit embarrassing :p

15. ben lloyd

ben lloyd

come now tell us nakoma

16. nakoma

nakoma Thread Starter

ok well when i started my first big salt tank before internet connections and form posts i thought why do we need to buy salt and mix the stuff if i can just buy the salt at spar so i got this big 2 meter fish tank got myself some nice very big butterfly fish and invented my own filter system and so on so every week the water evaporates and i thought it was pretty weird my water is getting less so i took a ni9ce big bag of table salt and startted to mix my own home made sea salt with water i boiled in a kettle about a 1 kg salt bag to 10 lieters of water looked pretty right to me so i added this mixture to my tank as the water was evaporating the fish ended up floating from the high salt content

17. Kavir

Kavir

Lol i was abt 8 or 9 and went 2 dundee 2 visit my gran and in the back yard was an empty 200l drum & behind the yard was a river, So i took to drum to the river and wen i got on my new boat there was nothin to balance the drum rolled over leavin me wet and my drum well it sailed wit out me down steenkoel river.

Recent Posts