Worm like things?

Reaction score
Hello, some time ago i mentioned my nano had crashed. So I decided to just let the tank be for now while i set my 250L up.

Today I looked at the tank and i see all these funny looking (Living) worm like things floating about in the tank, way to small for a picture, like a few mm.

The have like a white/yellowish balled abdomen, ontop off that like a little stick pointing upwards its like a red neck, then right at the top its a tiny tiny mouth.

Anybody have any idea what this is as i got hundreds off them in the tank. And only livestock I have left are my inverts, 3 Hermits and 1 Sea Urchin.

Reaction score
I know my drawings are bad, but here is a basic indication off what it looks like. All it does is continually bob/jump around in the water, doesant swim.

untitled.jpg

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry, about it. It could be a larvae of a number of different creatures, b ut will probably end up as fish food.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Storm - It would be much better and easier if you could possibly post a pic? Perhaps get a fellow reefer to assist with taking the pic. Then only would we be able to assist making a decent ID...

Reaction score
Agreed with Jaquesb, much easier to ID stuff with a pic