wont prodibio and special blend fail?

Discussion in 'Chemical Filtration / Low Nutrient Systems - LNS' started by duanead, 29 Feb 2012.

1. duanead

duanead

So my lfs store recommended I use special blend and prodibio biodigest together,then I was thinking won't the 2 out compete each other and be a waste of money?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

4. Helga

Helga

duanead, As HenkHugo stated. I can see no reason why you would want to add both to your tank. I am in my fourth week of dosing Mocrobe-lift and I can without a doubt state that my tank has never looked better. On a previous tank I used Biodigest and cannot say that I saw the same results so quickly.
    Personally I would also not add two different "additives" to my tank simultaneously. Would be difficult to monitor which one gave the best results.

5. duanead

duanead Thread Starter

Thank you,I also thought it would be a waste to use both

6. Reefhead

Reefhead

Helga hit the nail on the head
    From my side I am currently using Prodibio and find it to be over rated (that is just IMO and not saying it wont work for you) I am currently looking to change to Special Blend

7. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

pick on and stick to it.

8. Helga

Helga

I agree with you Reefhead. What works for one tank dont necessarily work for another. I used Prodibio and never saw the results I am seeing with the Special Blend. A week after the initial dose my cyano was gone. I am now at the 4th week of dosing and the corals are bursting with colour and growth. The liverock looks cleaner and "healthier" (for lack of a better word).

As I see it Reefhead, theres no harm in trying..... its not that were adding chemicals to the tank and changing every other week. All you could loose is time and money ;)

Reefhead likes this.
  9. Reefhead

Reefhead

I agree I have tried Prodibio and it did not do much for me, I have seen tanks been run with it and they look amazing, so it differs.
    I am keen to try Special Blend and see if it works for me, like you say it cant do any harm to try

10. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Loaded question,BUT have you thought why you would need to add a bac source regularly? Just find it interestingthat ppl discuss the use of two.....

11. Helga

Helga

irie ivan, the thread started with a question on whether it would be wise to use both Bacterial sources simultaneosly. Im sure its safe to say that most of the replies stated that it would not be wise to do so!

Following the threads on Special Blend and Prodibio most of the guys using it or inquiring about using it has specific needs to do so. I am sure one would not just add these expensive additives without doing there homework.

Recent Posts