Windows 8

@Quintin - any idiot can fire up visual studio and write a message.box("Put_My_Childish_WasteOfTime_Here_Message").

So lets keep this constructive and move forward.

You don't even need to waste your money on Visual Studio mate.
Excel and all the other office suite programs have the ability for scripting.
And this makes it so much easier than message.box("Put_My_Childish_WasteOfTime_Here_Message")

But it sure was worth the time to yank your chain and get you wound up. :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
What I love about these threads are how strong people feel about things & how everyone loves to hate one another. It seems to be like religion if you follow something different it's wrong

why would MAC & or Linux people be so negative about another product and try convert people? you don't get any extra points to get to heaven lol

I hope you know that it's because of competition that one gets better products ;)

Fully agree here with you! I guess it is all about personal choice, having worked with pc from the 90's up until I purchased my first mac on 2007, i will never buy a pc for personal use.

You don't even need to waste your money on Visual Studio mate.

Excel and all the other office suite programs have the ability for scripting.

And this makes it so much easier than message.box("Put_My_Childish_WasteOfTime_Here_Message")

But it sure was worth the time to yank your chain and get you wound up. :lol::lol:

I am glad you using office and windows good on you!

Take much more than child humor to get me wound up ;) I deal with grown up versions of you daily :)

Average spend on a decent pc is around 6k, replaced every 3 yrs, average spend on a Mac, around 13K, replace: never

Interesting?

So I take it you have an Iphone 1 and Ipad 1 never need to upgrade if I am correct in what and how Apple work?

and all applications will work on these 2 devices?

as for OS Upgrades and what works with what - sure apple do a better job as they also own the hardware.

Windows pc's are being driven by hardware vendors like Intel's and Asus and and

so they keep changing the ram, processes, video cards. I think these things are just as important to understand

Average spend on a decent pc is around 6k, replaced every 3 yrs, average spend on a Mac, around 13K, replace: never

A entry macbook 8gig is R16999. An entry notebook is R4k ... Do the math. You upgrade for tech enhancements like ssd, cameras, nfc, usb 3 etc you can keep ur 20 year old mach with your com port or upgrade at the nominal price and get the latest.

Same with cars, TVs etc

Fully agree here with you! I guess it is all about personal choice, having worked with pc from the 90's up until I purchased my first mac on 2007, i will never buy a pc for personal use.

I agree with you.
Once you have gone MAC you wont go back.
Updates on MAC to go from Lion to Mountain Lion costs you $19.99 via the App store.
Try and do the same for Windows, more likely to cost you a couple of hundred dollars.

I still use Windows every day for work and run it on my Mac via parallels or in that case I run a number of different OS's all at the same time with no performance issues.
And to be honest I have not had problems with any operating system that crashed over the past couple of years.:yeahdude:

We all like to think that there is a massive rivalry going on between Mac and Microsoft but that isn't actually the case.

People tend to pigeon hole themselves and support what they believe is best.
After all, we all have choice and no-one likes to think that they are in the wrong or made a bad choice.

However it is nice to yank the chain of avid Windows users like @mytank just to get a rise out of them. :whistling::lol::whistling:

I agree with you.

Once you have gone MAC you wont go back.

Updates on MAC to go from Lion to Mountain Lion costs you $19.99 via the App store.

Try and do the same for Windows, more likely to cost you a couple of hundred dollars.

I still use Windows every day for work and run it on my Mac via parallels or in that case I run a number of different OS's all at the same time with no performance issues.

And to be honest I have not had problems with any operating system that crashed over the past couple of years.:yeahdude:

We all like to think that there is a massive rivalry going on between Mac and Microsoft but that isn't actually the case.

People tend to pigeon hole themselves and support what they believe is best.

After all, we all have choice and no-one likes to think that they are in the wrong or made a bad choice.

However it is nice to yank the chain of avid Windows users like @mytank just to get a rise out of them. :whistling::lol::whistling:

Ai dude.

As a matter of fact, I do have the iPad 1, iPhone 1 which I got before it was released in this country was stolen and have since been using the iPhone4. I have a few friends that still use the iPhone 1 and it runs just as well, yes there are better features on the later versions but it all comes down to "want" and "need". I use a macbook pro, I don't do graphics or video editing, I enjoy it because it's peace of mind for me. I hit the power button in the mornings, less than a minute later I am able to work on it, no stalling on opening applications. I need a computer that will start up when I want it to, not when it wants to....

yes there are better features on the later versions but it all comes down to "want" and "need"

So glad you said that & that's also true for PC stuff - no one is forced to upgrade ;)

there is no support for the old Mac stuff just the same as there is no support for the old pc stuff.

so we agree now time for that :peroni: :peroni:

So what's R17'

27225035f08e03455.png

R12499 will get you the latest Core i5 13" MacBook Pro

You are not a really technical person are you? the I5 is really old technology.. and its dual core... the latest intel proccesors are i7 8 core.

That is anything is less than an entry level laptop. You pay for marketing not technology.

You are not a really technical person are you? the I5 is really old technology.. and its dual core... the latest intel proccesors are i7 8 core.

That is anything is less than an entry level laptop. You pay for marketing not technology.

"Core 2 Duo" is actually old technology, when I say "New i5" tech I meant current, you do get the mac's in both i5 and i7 processors, and no, I'm not a technical person but I do understand how things work...

Back
Top Bottom