willing to ship livestock

Discussion in '► Sponsor Request Forum' started by cswhitehead, 8 Aug 2012.

1. cswhitehead

cswhitehead

Which sponsors are willing to ship live stock?

Last edited: 8 Aug 2012
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. FransSny

FransSny

We do , what are you looking for

4. saaid

saaid

Good question,one always asks but never get a reply. Then you call and the response is always about spending X amount else its not worth it.

5. cswhitehead

cswhitehead Thread Starter

Not looking for anything right now just spent my "marine pocket money" for the month on leds from rapid.
    Reason I'm asking is because I always see the posts by sponsors of the awesome new live stock they get in but by the time I get a reply on whether they will ship to me the fish/coral I wanted is already sold or the answer is that they don't ship.

Thanks Frans I'll contact you next time I'm looking for something

6. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

Perhaps it would be a good idea for sponsors to state if they are wiling to ship in future? may save alot of hasstle?

7. Triton

Triton

i agree, and also where they will ship too.. (Areas)

8. FransSny

FransSny

I agree with all the posts , but I think we must all remember that sponsors are not always in front of their PC's to answer PM's etc.

I personally prefer giving me a call , booking your LS , and payment before shipping. I only hold LS for 48 hours to allow for EFT clearance.

As for the "economic viability" , I am sure everyone can understand that it is not viable for a LFS to drive 100 km to the nearest airport (@Moolis...I am thinking about your situation) in order to send away 1 zoa colony , unless they start hiking their prices drastically...which no one will like either.:(

Anything can be shipped same day , airport to airport for ROUGHLY R 200 via air express up to 12 kg weight. If you are willing to take your chances with SAA , it can even be cheaper !

Corals can be shipped overnight without any issues as long as they are packed correctly.

I guess the question is , is the price you are paying for the coral / fish good enough to warrant the shipping costs. No use in paying R 500 (example) for a Picasso clown and R 200 for shipping...then rather buy 2 , or add some hardware to make up the value in order to spread the cost.

Just my 2C

9. cswhitehead

cswhitehead Thread Starter

i always buy a few fish and corals at a time there is no point in buying one item i agree. the idea of the thread was to make people aware of which sponsors are willing to ship. the closest pet shop that stocks marines is in durban area so i end up spending more money on the petrol there and back then it would cost me to get something shipped to me.

10. ianP

ianP

hi does anyone have franssys email addrres?thanks

11. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hi there bud .... why don't you send him a Private Message (pm) or you can grab his attention by typing the following in your post @FransSny ....... This applies for any member on the forum ... just put an "@" in front of their username and it will notify them that their attention is required concerning that post .... BTW ... Welcome to MASA .... and I have also pm'd you his cell number and here is their link to their "home page" here on MASA .... New Sponsor - 1st 4 Pets - Marine Aquariums of South Africa ..... just in case ..... an email addy ..... pets@hermanus.co.za ...... Hope this helps ......:)

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  12. ianP

ianP

Thanks so much chikaboo.will try it out!

13. Jax

Jax

I am looking for lt Tang, any one with price?

14. FransSny

FransSny

You missed out , had a show size one untill last week ...went for 480

@ianP...resizing those pics , will send again
    Thanx buddy :thumbup:

15. ianP

ianP

16. ianP

ianP

@FransSny wats up with the pics?need new livestock urgently bud!lol