Will this work?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by Jaco Schoeman, 19 May 2009.

1. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman MASA Contributor

I am still struggling to get my head around what I want to do with waterflow... I want a closed loop system, yet I was afraid that the flow would not be enough, so this is my solution. I am thinking of getting a polario, the set it to surge, and run it to the oposite end of the tank, with elbows back towards the polario. I will build a cage for the polario with eggcrate, and hide it behind liverock, in such a way that I can remove it if need be.

Another option is to run these pipes from my sump, but that will increase the waterflow over the sump tremendously, and I want slow movement through the sump, so that is not ideal.

Please tell me if it will work, taking into consideration that my tank will be 1000 x 500 x 500. I will have to run the polario at the lowest flow setting I know... Is there any other way to achieve this surge effect via something else like wavemakers etc? Remember the powerheads etc MUST be hidden behind this liverock to be nennie safe!!

Image - sorry for the crappy design ;)

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

I would just put 90degree elbows on either side of the polario facing left.
    should have same effect, or better.
    Less plumbing viewable inside display
    Also can be in middle instead of top of tank.

4. scubaninja

scubaninja

i'm with riaan on this, if you have a polario just leave it to do its job, it deflects it around the tank anyway, no need to add extra unsightly piping :)

Recent Posts