Will this RO unit be okay?

Reaction score
Hi there will this unit be okay? & can I change the filters if need be? I have a water well 6 stage unit i don't have the tank connected

Reverse Osmosis Water Purification System

Reverse Osmosis is a process where water is demineralised using a semi permeable membrane at high pressure.
Your normal filtration units will only reduce certain contaminants such as silt, rust, chlorine and up to 96% of some forms of bacteria. Reverse Osmosis machines will purify your water up to 99% or any particles larger than 0.0001 microns in size.
The reverse Osmosis Filtration System is perfect for removing dissolved contaminants such as colloid, lead, mercury, various metals and various germs

Filtration Stages
Stage 1: Polyproylene Cartridge - 5 Micron Superfine Filter: Removes solid particles and impurities, such as dirt
and rust
Stage 2: Granular Activated Carbon (UDF) Filter: Absorbs odours, chemicals and chlorine
Stage 3: Carbon Block (CTO) Filter: Removes additional chlorine & water discolourants
Stage 4: Reverse Osmosis Membrane: Removes up to 0.0001 micron particle size, including colloids, metals, some
germs and bacteria
Stage 5: Post Carbon (T33) Filter: Improves water taste & restricts the regrowth of algae & other possible germs
from forming in the water.
Stage 6: Re-Mineralisation Filter (On Some Units): Re-introduces certain minerals and vitamins back into teh
water, improving the taste

Sounds like the units we all use for Water changes and top-up's

You don't normally connect the RO unit to the tank

I mean the RO tank that comes with the RO unit

What tank ?

RO units look like this:

image051.jpg

Mine looks like this with an extra stage
filt2b.jpg

Those units are designed for drinking water, but they can be used for RO water for our tanks, remove the Stage 6 filter and replace it with a DI unit from The Waterboy and I think you should be good to go.

Thanks Viper I am going to get the water tested at Idol see what the reading is standard & take it from there - I am happy to remove stage 6 & add a DI unit if needed.

will I be able to get replacement filters from the water boys?

You will probably get quite a high TDS reading as the 6th stage is adding stuff back into the water.

Take in two samples to be tested. Take one sample of water as per normal, then disconnect the 6th stage and take a sample of the water coming out from the membrane.

Yip, The Waterboy will be able to supply all replacement filters for you.

Back
Top Bottom