Wierd

Shaun

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
As seen in the Herald Sun -> The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?
right-side-of-you-brain-vs-the-left.gif

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS:
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS:
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Very left handed, she only goes clockwise, i am therefore right brained

Clockwise for me too.

Clockwise for me too. I have seen it before and did get her to go the "other way" although it was damn hard! Can't do it now...

i think when this was first printed in the Herald Sun, it would be easy to imagine the dancer moving in either direction. However being animated in the on-line version I can't see it going anti-clockwise when it is so clearly clockwise

Every time I look at her, she's spinning in the other direction. Can't get her to seem to spin in only one direction.

Easy to accomplish. Look at her and decide which way she is spinning. Then scroll down and imagine her still spinning in the same direction. Then, imagine her spinning in the opposite direction. Then while thinking that, scroll up and look at her. You will then see her spinning in the direction you were last imagining. Easy peesy.

Another tip. If you look at the bottom right corner of the pic it's easier to get her to spin anti-clock wise. Top left = other way around.

Hey thanks Gali, looking at the bottom right worked for me...

Lol @ palmerc. Once you get it to go the other way it will be so clearly anti-clockwise... ;) Sure when you stare at it going clockwise it just seems biased and there's no way it's going anti-clockwise...

Lol @ palmerc. Once you get it to go the other way it will be so clearly anti-clockwise... ;) Sure when you stare at it going clockwise it just seems biased and there's no way it's going anti-clockwise...

Showed this to a colleague at work, i then went to stand with them and looked from further away and i found i could make the dancer change direction quite easily.

Yes, we are really busy at work.

Yes, this admission is rather sad.:)

OK got it now, but still can't believe it

Back
Top Bottom