Why does my fish die

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Nemo321, 10 Aug 2013.

1. Nemo321

Nemo321

Guys just wanted to find out why is it that when my powder blue packed up my 2 goldies and midas blenny died as well.

I did a water change afterwards and there is still fish sick in that tank, what can I do to get my tank back to normal ???

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

What did your powder blue die of? If it was disease, it could've spread to your other fish and killed them too.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2013
  4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Unfortunately powder blues are very susceptible to white spot. It has most likely given the other fish white spot. Did you quarantine the powder blue before you added it to the tank?

6. pkc

pkc

Powder blues have an extremely limited gill structure and are susceptible to low or interfered with oxygen levels, that is why they can be overly aggressive, it’s the way all life reacts to low oxygen with aggressive behaviour and a loss of faculties!
    All small scaled fish as are surgeons, tangs, chaetodontuplus angel fish and so on are potential white spot magnets.
    They breed well on them and can over run your aquarium and some of that white spot protist infestation will evolve to vlevet in no time at all, if you are not careful.
    Have a read if you like.
    http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com/t1059-stress-for-marine-reef-aquarium-life

Last edited: 10 Aug 2013
  7. Nemo321

Nemo321 Thread Starter

it died of white spots and all my other fish are healthy and were eating nicely and all of a sudden they just started to dies of not eating..

8. mornewil

mornewil Morne

Whats your water parameters, healthy fish dont die from whitespot and if your tank did have an outbreak your other fish that died had to have been under stress or not in the best of health.

Ashh likes this.
  9. Henkie

Henkie

I stand to be corrected but I think the white spot parasite can cause fish to lose their appetite.

One of the best things I got was a little qt system. It is a 100 liters max. So it is easy to fill when needed.

It is very nice to be able to place new fish in a separate tank before introducing them into my main display.

Just as an example: at the moment I am using it to house my wrasse. As I buy a new fairy/carpenter/flasher wrasse I add him in their so they can begin to feel comfortable with each other and then hopefully not cause to much issues when placed into my display system.

But as you know, we are the friendly city! So just shout if you need some help!

10. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

11. Henkie

Henkie

That is an very good read!

Recent Posts