Who can drill holes in 19mm

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
i have a mate i am going to be building a tank for and he has bought over some glass i ordered from cape town from another friend of mine.. the problem is that the glass is 19mm and the guy wants to drill it to acomodate quite an involved CLS ......

can anyone please offer experience on either where they got assistance to drill this thickness glass or if they have done it themselves..

im sure he would be willing to fly someone down here to do the work if it has been tried and tested by somebody before.. if i had the equipment id gladly order a sample piece of 19mm and try but there is a big differnce between 10 and 19mm

shotto les

hi leslie i have just order a drill to drill 50mm from a compony there details are
name TORK CRAFT
tel 011 3147711
you can ask your local hardware store to order it for you

i have a mate i am going to be building a tank for and he has bought over some glass i ordered from cape town from another friend of mine.. the problem is that the glass is 19mm and the guy wants to drill it to acomodate quite an involved CLS ......

can anyone please offer experience on either where they got assistance to drill this thickness glass or if they have done it themselves..

im sure he would be willing to fly someone down here to do the work if it has been tried and tested by somebody before.. if i had the equipment id gladly order a sample piece of 19mm and try but there is a big differnce between 10 and 19mm

shotto les

Yeah 9mm

It doesn't matter whether you drilling 10, 12, 19mm. The principal stays the same, a good quality hole saw, lots and lots of water, and time. The thicker the glass, the longer it takes ;) . Let the tool do the work, don't try to force it through too quickly.
I've drilled 16mm before, just be careful and patience, patience ,patience!!! :wave2:

Back
Top Bottom