Urgent help needed White Spots

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Wilkens, 22 Feb 2011.

1. Wilkens

Wilkens

Pls help, my fish keep on getting white spots. I've treated the tank with Kent RXP and Odi Medic Coral. Does any one have any alternative advise.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. rakabos

rakabos

There have been a ton of posts on the topic dude, use the search button

4. robertkukla

robertkukla

5. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Hi guys.
    Just got a pamphlet of a new Tetra, reef safe treatment today, will put some more info on tomorrow.

6. THE ANIMAL

THE ANIMAL

HI Wilkens
    To tread whitespot you must know it .Whitespot is a External Parasite and the most commen diseases of marine fish. White dots of various sizes ,rapid, clamped fins and scraping on aquarium objects. Under favorable conditions the causative agents multiply very quicly and rapidly infecting the entire population all though you cant see them.

In severe cases the fishes may be so infested that theyappear as if coverd by velvet. Oodinium (whitespot) atattacks the skin and end in death. There it adheres and feeds on the tissue of the host. After a few days it forms a cyst and sinks to the bottom. The cyct undergoes 8 celluler divisions. After approximately 3 days, 256 tomites called dinospores emerge.

These free swimming flagellates search for a new host grasp hold of it. In an aquarium confines it is an easy feast. The tomites are the only phase in the life cycle of Oodium which can be controlled with medication. UV's or diatom filters can and will only decrease the number of tomites and reduce the chances of new infections. But as soon as you add new fish it will start all over agen because the fish stress. The tomites are only viable for two to three days if they do not find a new host with in that time they die. The complete life cycle of the Oodinium takes 7 to 10 days.

TREATMENT
    I hade the same problem and dit it all (myxazin, myxazin in there food, garlic, the fresh water dip and even dose proto marin coral nothing worked). Take it from me I lost all my fish in a few days, no in 24 h one day fine the next gone. There are only one way to entirely clean or cure your tank. Take out all your fish and I meen all and put them in a Quarentine tank then threat them with cuprazin as direkted. DO NOT treat your invertebrates with cuprazin:nono: .

Then leave your tank be for at least 4 to 6 weeks you still have to do your 10% water change weekly or more if you can.:67:
    You also have to sterilize and clean all your equipment that was used in the tank this is very important.:tooth::018:
    It is very infectios. If you do this your tank will be cured. From there new fish must be quarantined for 7 days before you add them to your tank
    Hope this will help you and good luck:thumbup1:
    If you are not clear on anything pleace feel free to ask more. :confused1:

7. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Hi

Try using a combo of herbtana at night Artemis in the day for ten days with skimmer off! If you can, qt them feeshees and go hyposalinity on them.

Recent Posts