White spot

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Aqua Chris, 14 Dec 2009.

1. Aqua Chris

Aqua Chris

Advice please.....
    I've a Regal Tang with white spot how should I treat it? Can I treat it inside the tank ? I've got Corals a sea horse starfish, fire shrimp what should I use?

2. Guest

3. henry888

henry888

Hi Aqua Chris. The best no meds advice i can give is, skunk cleaner shrimp and cleaner wrasse. They will clear the problem within days... ;-)

4. OP
    Aqua Chris

Aqua Chris

Thank you. I'll get those guys tomorrow.

5. dropzone newbee

dropzone newbee

hey Chris
    im a super newbee and my regal got white spot within days of putting him in !
    the advice i got was also cleaner shrimps ! worked like a charm !! he's the hungriest dude in my tank now
    good luck

6. Warr7207

Warr7207

Please remember these are not cures for white spot. Your fish and tank will always have Ich unless totally shutdown

7. Falcon

Falcon

is it a new fish?if so then give him a week or two to settle down.

if not and he gets worse to the point where he is hardly moving/swimming then place him in a quarantine tank with a lower salinity like say 1.015sg and no meds etc needed just the lower salinity in a tank stocked with similar water conditions as your main tank...(use water from your main tank and dilute is the easiest way to achieve this)

8. Stressed Eric

Stressed Eric

Uhm, not to put a damper, but a cleaner wrasse won't eat the crypto parasite (white spot). Rather feed the tank with food containing garlic, and if things get out of hand set up a hospital tank for all fish, lower salinity and dose with copper for 2 weeks, then let them chill in there for another 2 weeks while the remainder of the white spot dies out in your display tank before reintroducing. Good luck, white spot is a real bugger.

9. Falcon

Falcon

i agree except for the copper part lol that alone can kill a weak fish ive seen it numerous times...white spot dies in low salinity so it should be enough.

10. Atilla

Atilla Sponsor

agree with Falcon on this one. it all depends on how weak the fish is

Recent Posts