white spot treetment

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by JP Pienaar, 12 Feb 2013.

1. JP Pienaar

JP Pienaar

Hi Guys

I introduced a Double Slash Buffer-fly this weekend and it appears that he stressed a bit and now have ws.

What is the best treatment for ws as i don't what any of my other fish to catch it as well

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Best, take it out now, before the matured WS fall off and infect your tank.

WS stays 3 to 7 days on the fish, and it is only the last days that you can see it. Hopefully your tank is not infected yet.

Best option is to bucket method the new fish, then keep it in a holding tank for another 4 to 5 weeks.

Else
    you can try your luck, add a lot of medicine and hope they will all keep on eating.

But just ask @carlosdeandrade if that is a viable option. Did not work for him

read up on
    Bucket Method Quarantine - Marine Aquariums South Africa

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

5. JP Pienaar

JP Pienaar Thread Starter

okey tnx got garlic now as well so I'm starting to treat my tank with that to.

6. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

You also need your water temperature to stay below 26c with this species if it was caught in KZN (below 24c for EC specimens) or it's going to be constantly stressed.

7. pkc

pkc

This is the most important bit of help for you on reducing white spot. Living out side of conditions marine life has become genetically designed for is one of the most stressful situations you can subject marine life to. It’s the same with our local latezonatus amphiprions; they can not exist that well in temps above 24c,they don’t exist in those conditions as adults in the wild, they live in the thermo cline levels of our waters.
    Many try to keep them in temps above 25c and normally they jump out or the stress induced cortisol damage that kills nearly all marine aquarium fish eventually harms most of them or they go blind.
    White spot is a member of the protista,it’s a protist as is the next faze of their life cycle, velvet. You can use other protists to keep this part of your evolutionary function of protist mutation at bay, that’s what I have been doing for over 16 years now.
    Once the general protist community have grazed out most of the cycling bacteria and some use them as symbiotic food source producers, the others turn on their own, those being the weaker protists called white spot and velvet.

That’s when your marine aquarium becomes matured and settles down!
    If they are contained in a functional way, their relatives keep the parasitic protists at near zero numbers always.

8. JP Pienaar

JP Pienaar Thread Starter

:thumbup:tnx a lot for the help and advise,i reduced my temp to 24 25 and after one night they all look better so i hope they are strong and pull through

Again tnx for the help.:thumbup:

Recent Posts