white/orange thingy...

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by Kavir, 17 Apr 2009.

1. Kavir

Kavir

hi reefers

i have this orange/white thing growing on my LR, it,s been there for about 3weeks now, i've tried to search the net for on ID but it's no good if you dont know what you looking for.
    im gona try to get a lekker pic of it to post up but for now i'll give you guys an idea of it.

it's 1cm in diameter about 5mm high (when open) the top has little orange buds on it and towards the center it starts getting smooth and flat and white the base of it is white. when it's closed it's about almost 1cm high and +/-4mm diameter

if it's disturbed or if the lights all switch on at once then it closes and opens up again after 5min

hope this helps for now till i get a better camera

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

If I had to guess, may be a tube worm? maybe a small anemone or some sort of coral...many options, but its really hard to say without a pic.

4. Kavir

Kavir Thread Starter

Lol it aint a tube worm that's 4sure. Probably could be a nenniE but the tentacles are really short. I think i'l jst pick the rock and bring it closer to the glass 4 a pic coz my ph is real poo when it takes tank pics

5. Kavir

Kavir Thread Starter

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Kavir

Kavir Thread Starter

here's some pics hope it helps, i know the pics aint clear but thats as good as i could get. i think maybe it could be a nennie but i doubt it

7. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

That SOUNDS like a ball sponge Kavir - but, unfortunately your pics are a wee bit out of focus - so, it is not possible to easily do a 100% id.....

8. Kavir

Kavir Thread Starter

Jacque i know the picS r lousy im waitin 4 a customer to come in wit her camera that will help a lot more.
    I reached and looked at the orange ball sponges but none of them look like what's on my lr. This thing is sensitive to light and touch its not actually white it's more translucent wit orange tips

Recent Posts