White mark on Mandarin

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
HI guys.When I got my mandarin last week I noticed a small white patch on his side.At first it really just looked like some debris stuck in the slime from traveling,but I have noticed that all other marks have gone except this one.Could anyone advise me on what it is and how I can treat it
67249546f9246e6e.jpg

67249546fbee30b4.jpg

67249546ff128acb.jpg

HenkHugo

Copperband
Reaction score
ok - normally one sees that sort of mark if a fish has burnt it self on the heater....

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
Well,I suppose there is nothing I can do really then,but wait and see if it developes into something or not.He seems to be unaware of it and is still eating and swimming around like normal.It is slightly raised and so far does not look as though it has grown at all.....

scubaninja

Achilles Tang
Reaction score
if its eating you dont really have a problem, i would say just watch it to avoid affection so you can see when if it gets worse. But as you say its eating, it should be ok.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
As the you8ng Ninja pointed out, all the time an injured fish is eating, it has a very good chance of mending, you will need to ensure your water perams are good to prevent infections.

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
I have increased my water changes t0 200 liters a day just to be sure no rubbish builds up,thats about all I can do really.
00020072.gif

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have increased my water changes t0 200 liters a day just to be sure no rubbish builds up,thats about all I can do really.
00020072.gif
That may be too much, too many water changes can destabilize the water chemistry, no more than 10% per day will keep the water good, that with a wet skim should help, but keep an eye on your salinity as you go.

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
That may be too much, too many water changes can destabilize the water chemistry, no more than 10% per day will keep the water good, that with a wet skim should help, but keep an eye on your salinity as you go.
My tank was set to change 25 liters every 2 hours for the last 2 weeks about.I increased the wcs to 50 liters every 2 hours from 10am until 4pm....So you think maybe I should reduce it again

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
I have an infinite supply of good quality,filtered NSW,so really is not a problem.
00020069.gif

scubaninja

Achilles Tang
Reaction score
I have an infinite supply of good quality,filtered NSW,so really is not a problem.
00020069.gif
show off:p i dont think you should worry, maybe too much of a change is a bad thing as mike says, but a decent amount should do wonders
As the young Ninja pointed out
?:razz:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
If you can have a constant flow of fresh sea water, you will pretty much emulate the natural environment in the ocean (i.e. the VERY BEST we could hope to achieve) but keep an eye on the SG levels due to evaporation.

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
show off:p i dont think you should worry, maybe too much of a change is a bad thing as mike says, but a decent amount should do wonders

?:razz:
0002006E.gif
...........Im not showing off,just saying it as it is
000202ED.gif

Ive reset the wcs to 25L every 2 hours.The mandarin is looking happy,so I will just keep an eye on him......
000200BE.gif

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
Yebo yes!!!!!!!!!
000200BE.gif
The mandarin is back to normal,the white dot has gone completely.Have no idea what it was,but he's happy and cruising around like he's in heaven:thumbup::1:

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
Oh no.I don't understand it.That white spot is right back in the same spot again.It was completely gone,like no sign.Now it is back in exactly the same spot and it doesnt look good.He is still swimming around eating and yesterday he went mad on the brine shrimp,but today he is spending a bit more time just parking off in one place.I am a bit worried that its a fungus or parasite or something.What can I do?