White Crab

Al

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I noticed this evening something burrowing in the sand. Had closer look and it looks like a white crab in in the sand trying come to the surface.

Do i catch this crab or leave him in the tank?Is this a good or bad thing.

Can you get a pic of this guy? Personally i dont trust any crab,if you can catch him out,do so and place him in your sump.

Unfortunately i cant get a picture. His still under in the sand. He's burrowing a hole up so he can come to the surface. He's completely white. If i can get a pic i will post it.

How would u go about catching a crab?
I have a huge one in my tank which is too fast to catch with net or hand.
I've read about using a glass jar with bait to lure him in, so he cant get out coz of slippery surface.
I havnt tried it yet as i feel my two shrimps will attack the bait before the crab crab can get to it.
Anyone ever used this method? Is there any other way of catching him? oh, he also doesnt come out if anyones around, comes out mostly at nite, that's when u hear the tapping on the glass

That is the best method, give your shrimps some separate tidbits before hand and also try this after dark.

How would u go about catching a crab?
I have a huge one in my tank which is too fast to catch with net or hand.
I've read about using a glass jar with bait to lure him in, so he cant get out coz of slippery surface.
I havnt tried it yet as i feel my two shrimps will attack the bait before the crab crab can get to it.
Anyone ever used this method? Is there any other way of catching him? oh, he also doesnt come out if anyones around, comes out mostly at nite, that's when u hear the tapping on the glass
Dude - this must be one huge crab if you can hear him tap on the glass...;)

I agree - take him out, and the best method is to lure him into a jar...

Yeah, it IS huge, well relatively huge. it freaked me out the first time i saw it, was a hitchhiker. A lot of my smaller fish just started dissapearing, fire goby, cleaner wrasse.. he used to squeeze himself sumhow into a 2cm hole in the LR. Back then he had about a 3.5cm body, now his probably near the 4.5cm mark and has a new hole. Oh it gets worst tho, there were intially TWO of them (similar size), but havnt seen the smaller one in 2 months now

Oh shit ! I found a crab mault that looks just like that last night!!
The bottle method it is..

Back
Top Bottom