White Bubble tip Anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by Gus, 13 May 2015.

1. Gus

Gus

Hey All,

I have a white tip bubble anemone who has been in my tank for about 3 weeks now. I got him from a mate who has another 2 and his a super big and super healthy.

The anemone seems to have settled after moving around a bit on the substrate of the tank with his foot under the rock in a hole dug by the sand goby.

The tips of the tentacles never seem to form into bubbles and if so, not all of the tentacles bubble.

Is this normal ? What do you guys feed yours ? I am feeding finger nail bits of hake. How often should he be fed ?

I have attached a pic as well.

The rest of the tank is super healthy and all nutrient levels are spot on.

Thanks.

Anemone.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Its not guaranteed that the BTA will form bubbles. Many guys have BTA's which don't form them. Its one of those mystical things and no one has an answer. It looks healthy although a little deflated but that is also normal. I have a red one and don't actually target feed it and it is doing fine. feeding them small amounts say twice a week is a good start. Don't force feed it though.

4. Gus

Gus Thread Starter

Awesome thanks Marius ! When you say don't force-fed, I target feed him hake but if he doesn't close up on it then just remove it ?

5. Dian6430

Dian6430

How is the flow over your bta. My bta doesnt bubble because its in a bit higher flow. If i leave the wave makers off after a few hours its a proper bta. Just something that happens with mine

6. Gus

Gus Thread Starter

Its on the bottom of my cube and I don't have wave makers just the normal return fittings. Not massive flow. As long as its healthy thats cool. Just wanted to check.

Also wanted to double check feeding as well.

7. Criggy

Criggy

That looks very much to me like a GBTA. Most important thing is your lighting. What lights are you running? You can try to feed as much as you like If the bta doesnt take it it is not hungry. Just know that it will have an impact on your nutrient levels if not taken out. Get a bag of frozen marinara mix from pnp and feed it the variety of what comes in the pack. Just defrost in RO water and rinse off. I do this for all of my corals and they love it. Some have a preference for mussel and others for squid etc. Find what works.

8. Gus

Gus Thread Starter

Cool, thanks for all the help guys !

Recent Posts