Which Silicone?

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by llewellyn, 3 Feb 2012.

1. llewellyn

llewellyn

Hi Guys, I've seen many tanks with black silicone and not sure which brand is best for this application so I payed a visit to builders looking for the Den Braven brand. They did have this brand but none in black. Do any of you know which type it is and which is the best for bonding glass together? Please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Den Braven is not so easily available here even though they are in springfield park. When constructing my tank i had to run around trying to get my hands on five tubes as Den Braven only sells boxes of 25.

I did manage to get it from them after some serious persuation. Google them for their address and try calling before you visit them and persuade them. If you dont come right get a LFS to order for you as they buy them for their tank builds and may be wiling to sell you a tube.

If next I plan a build I will get a local tankbuilder to do it, less stress and you guaranteed a neat finish. (Black Silicone is so much harder to work with). It may even work out cheaper unless you can get the glass cheap cheap.

All the best.

llewellyn and (deleted member) like this.
  4. llewellyn

llewellyn Thread Starter

Thanks Bud. I did google them. Just wanted some input from you guys who have experience with this stuff.

Recent Posts