Which Salt ???

Which Synthetic Salt do you use?

• Total voters

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Please place your vote in the poll above, interested to see what salt the majority of Synthetic Salt users are using or have used in their tanks.

About to start testing a new salt. The recipe was designed to specifications which would suit a high end, demanding system dominated by acroporids and other more taxing corals. Have been asked to be tight lipped about any more details until I have tested it in my system.
Doing my first test this week, will keep you updated.
At the moment using Seachem Reefsalt, as it is the salt I have had the best success with in terms of colours and growth in my sps.

Ps. I see you have reef crystals as well as Instant ocean, please also add the other brands made by manufacturers, like Seachem Maine salt and Seachem reefsalt.

Ps. I see you have reef crystals as well as Instant ocean, please also add the other brands made by manufacturers, like Seachem Maine salt and Seachem reefsalt.
Thank Ivan, I have added them.

Any others I have left out, please let me know and I will add them.

I added Dophin and Prodac.

I have only ever seen these at my LFS's so I doubt anyone is using them. But just in case...

I Have used:

Kent Marine
Sera Sea Salt
Reef Crystals
Rio Real Ocean
Tropic Marin

I have used so many because I'm trying to find THE one that I'm happy with all round... I am using my Nano for my "experimentation" as it is primarily macroalgae... I just bought some Tropic Marin to try so I'll leave it out of my comments for now...

Thus far THE best results have been from:

1) Reef Crystals
2) Kent Marine

With these two salts, I hardly had to supplement and my parameters stayed pretty much stable! The other's although a lot cheaper to buy ended up costing me more in supplements and water changes to keep the tank stable...

I am no scientist and I'm using what I see, both visibly and via test kits as the bases of my assumptions... So don't flame me!

Just my 2c worth

Cher

Hey Kryo, are you using plain Tropic Marin or Tropic Marin Pro Reef? As there is apparently quite a difference.

I can't remember what I bought... I think it's probably the Normal one.... 'cos it's cheaper! ;)

Within reason whatever I can get at the best price.

I am currently using TropicMarin Pro Reef, but switching to Seachem Reef Salt, purely due to availability issues with the Tropic Marin...

Do you know what the difs are Gali?

Copper I think the Pro Reef has extra Ca, Mg and Trace Elements in, esp for the needs of a reef. Whether it justifies the difference in price is up for debate though.

Back
Top Bottom