which phosphate remover would you suggest?

I have never tried chemi pure...
I noticed a huge difference in my water with-in a day or two of running purigen the clarity of my water is now more than I could ask for.
I just stuck it in my home made reactor in a bag...
I also dose prodibio products with every water change.

Iron vs aluminimum

Hi

Is there any consensus/differences on what is the best to use (iron or aluminium) and is there a difference in how it is used?

I run mine (Kent Phosphate Sponge, "spitted beads" in a bag inside my media basket (Internal filter at the back on a Boyu Nano). Any specific type/brand that does better or worst?

Is it fine to run it continuous?

I used it without any issues but I have never ever seen a Tank of the MOnth on any forum local or international using the aluminum based phos remover.

hi! I was in the LFS today, and that was the first time i came across the ORCA phosphate remover. Have been using Seachem Phosguard for ages!

I was told that the ORCA is a regenerative phosphate remover, which can be used over and over again, any experiences with this, and how it compares to seachem.

I have looked at reef central, but they went way off point!

Should i change? thanks!

Definitely a bacterial based one, which unfortunately does not exist. :whistling: YET?
Yes, The ORCA product works like a bomb. The regeneration works well too, bit of a mission (bear in mind I am not a fan of messy GFO powder) but does the trick.

Back
Top Bottom