Which halide bulbs ??

Reaction score
Hi there im in front of which halide bulbs will do the best for my tank...My aqua is 160l minus 30l interior sump and i've got 1X 150W HQI and 2x blue osram 67.The problem is i've got three bulbs 10000 K;14000K, and 20000K and i like all of them,maybe the 10000K not so much...i like lot of blue,but im wondering what will be the best for the life (at this moment not to much) in the tank...In Europe is very trendy to put 14000K.At this moment i've installed 20000K and i really like it...mayby is not to bright ,but is giving a good ambiance for me...ja,for me but im not sure if also for life in tank.Do U think,that the high coulour temperature will do good to invertebre...i've heard that thay will grow slower,but this does not worry me to much,like this i can have more of them...i want them just to feel good and groving healthy.Thanx...Raphael...

Quinton

Smarty-pants Newbie
Reaction score
Best to experiment. The 10,000K will likely give best growth. Supplement it with some blue T5's to give a cooler (less yellow) light colour. Water clarity/low nutrient levels also makes a huge difference. Do you run carbon?

Reaction score
Hi Quinton,ja im using carbon once a two weeks for 48h,but i never really had any problem with water clarity,esspecially now with the new skimmer...10000K can be a little yelowish dependent of what brand it is...i like over 10000K and i think the perfect thing would be 17000K,but i never seen this kind of halide bulb.What is the most popular mark of halide bulb in RSA??...Raphael...