Which biopellet reactor to go for...

Discussion in 'Chemical Filtration / Low Nutrient Systems - LNS' started by brentch, 19 Jun 2012.

1. brentch

brentch

Howsit guys...

I'm looking at a biopellet reactor for my current setup... I'm looking at the JNS alpha 1 or 2. The Alpha 1 is rated for a 500l display tank and the alpha 2 for 1000l... My DT is 560l. Would it be worth getting the alpha 2???

Thanks guys
    Brent

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. brentch

brentch Thread Starter

Oh ya, it is also not going to be my sole de-nitration method, as I am keeping my DSB (actually adding a larger, remote DSB)...

I plan on keeping all my current livestock (SPS, LPS, softies and zoas), but all I want to do is give my filtration a bit of a kick up the ass....

4. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Dude give Marco a shout I have a next gen reef octopus reactor - cheap and awesome!!!!

5. brentch

brentch Thread Starter

Hey Willie, I've literally just asked for a quote... I saw your thread... Could you PM me what you paid for yours and the model?

6. Renannchen

Renannchen

I have a smr next reef pellet reactor rated 250gallons for R800

7. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Hi Renanchen

It is difficult to rate a pellet reactor for a certain volume as it is more related to the bioload you keep.

Cheers
    Willie

8. Ishtak

Ishtak

Brentch,

I've just recently added pellets to my setup. My tank is rated similar to yours and I went for the JNS Alpha 2. For the small price difference I'd rather have the extra pellet capacity IF needed :)

From the discussion I had with Nathan (TSR) running the pellets would negate the DSB. I'm still wet behind the ears so I'm going on what he tells me :blush:

Mine has been running for 2 weeks now and I am already seeing a drop in nitrates :thumbup:

Recent Posts