Where to get NSW in cape town??

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by robski, 8 May 2008.

1. robski

robski

Where is the cleanest place to get water on the Atlantic seaboard, i was thinking bakoven, campsbay or oudekraal on the way to llundudno..

oh, andi just bought a buyo, good setup?:slayer:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quinton

Quinton Smarty-pants Newbie

The Boyu nano is good value for money. Did you get the TL-550 (125 litre)? I've got one - works well. It has it's faults, but nothing you can't mod away ;-) Will send you some guidelines when my eyes open again. Look under Matt's thread on Member Systems for some handy links.

4. Quinton

Quinton Smarty-pants Newbie

Oh, and as for water... you can collect from the Two Oceans Aquarium, free of charge if you're a member (membership costs about R140 per year). Very convenient - just turn on the tap. Their water is not perfect (I've measured seom phosphates in it before, but has been used in many successful reef aquariums.

Some say that the water from the Marine Research Aquarium in Seapoint is of better quality (collected out in the deep sea rather than near the harbour) - but I've not yet tested it. Apparently you can collect from them as long as you make a small donation.

5. robski

robski Thread Starter

thanks for all the advice Quinton, i now know what i need to do tomorrow..

i bought a 450 boyu, but do you think i should go back and swop (pay in the difference for the 550) ??

6. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

If it's bigger and you can afford it then yes, bigger water volume is always better in this hobby as it leaves slightly more room for error and you get to put in more fish and corals :)

7. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

BTW: Rob - where did you hear of MASA? And yes - I get my water from 2 Oceans too......

Recent Posts