Where do i buy a marine aquaruim

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by vleis, 10 Feb 2010.

1. vleis

vleis

Hi
    Kindly assist.I have stated about 2 weeks ago when joining MASA that I am a novice when it comes to marine aquaruims.

You all advised that I should read, read, read re......and do research. Well I now have a much better understanding of this very interesting hobby. Now for the question......Where can I buy a complete marine tank? Yes I now know more lol one with a sump, skimmer wavemaker return pump heater lights and the whole lot????

I do not want to buy a tank with live corals and fish as I want to start everything right from thr start. (I think I must buy new) No I dont want a nano or read see one. I want a 250 litres display tank. No use telling me to build one myself. i have ten thumbs.

Can anyone please help?????

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

you can pick up bargains in the for sale section, but if you want a new tank, get one of the sponsors to build you a custom tank, that would be best in my opinion

4. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Go to the sponsors forum and talk to the sponsor closest to you :) - some guys have complete setups for sale.

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

6. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Or if you want brand new you could look at the Red Sea Max250, costs quite a bit though.

7. vleis

vleis Thread Starter

Yes the red sae max @ R20k. Is it realy worth the price??

8. Dane

Dane

Vleis my advice would be to look for a good second hand tank that comes with everything. A lot of people spend loads on a new setup, tire of it quickly and then sell it off at half the price. Obviously be sure to investigate everything thoroughly so you know what you're getting.

Recent Posts