Urgent help needed Whats wrong with my regal

Reaction score
I came to my tank this morning and my regal was not its self laying on the sand and not really swiming and he would swim every now and then but very unnatural dont know whats wrong help

20180604_085004.jpg

20180604_084750.jpg

Hier @Ryno44 I can't see so nicely from.the pics but it looks like it could have whitespot but you will have to confirm if it has whitespots on its body? If so you going to want to quarantine and gradually drop sg to hyposg around 1.011 and keep it there for at least 6 days. Good luck.

Personally I think that looks like Brooklynella with the spots of skin looking like they are coming off. But will need better pic to confirm. Possible that it is beyond the point of return, but for what it is worth, the only readily available cure for Brooklynella is formaline. 1ml per 4 liter of well aerated tank water, fish bathed in it for 30min, do that 3 or 4 times a few days apart with fish being transferred to a new tank/container in between and it should work. But only works in early stages of infection, that looks like the fish might not be strong enough to survive the medicine at this stage.

To me it doesnt look like white spot the marks look more like patches or stains .. i put it in qt and treated water with qupermine

To me it doesnt look like white spot the marks look more like patches or stains .. i put it in qt and treated water with qupermine

If it doesn’t get better with cupramine, you can rule out velvet and white spot. Then it is probably brooklynella, as copper doesn’t cure that.

To me thi fish looked fine he was swiming and eating and this this morning he looked like that

Formalin is good yes I'e actually already forgot about it. You'l have to get get it from a pharmacy but that' if they will give it to you. I once got at least

Hi guys

I had something very similar (just not that much) on my Yellow Belly Regal last week. I think it was also on my Naso, but unfortunately I did not notice and lost the naso before the Regal got infected.

Also was not sure of it was velvet/white spot. Spoke to Wild on Pets and they didn’t think it was the above mentioned parasites but suggested a product and dosing half the proposed amount per day for 5 days with the skimmer off for about 2 hours.

Products is called Waterlife Myxazin.

I treated my tank for 5 days but left my skimmer off during the day.

The regal had a full recovery- actually looks much brighter than when I got it. It’s did eat as normal even with the infection, and I fed extra frozen in garlic guard during the period of treatment.

My tank is a mixed reef and no other fish showed signs of the infection and corals and inverts perfectly fine.

Hope this helps as all the best!

You are super lucky your corals and non-fish inhabitants are still alive, as Myxazin is not reef safe at all, it contains formaline as one of the ingredients.

Thanks @hotdog83, didn’t know that.

I dosed 20ml to 526l for the 5 days

Guess since Ryno44’s Regal is already in QT, maybe safer then

My apologies if I'm wrong. .but that regal looks very very skinny.
What food are you feeding him? And how long have you had him?

Hi @Nella it does look a bit skinny probably hasn'the been eating well if at all now that it is sick but I am sure that it will fatten up as it gets better as long as it's fed :) preferably a mixed diet.

Hi sorry to say the regal passed ... he was eating like a pig .... i fed him with brine shrimp flakes or nori depending on how i felt the day but he was eating thats why i wasnt worried ... but yeah im missing the little guy tank looks empty now

Back
Top Bottom