Whats Up

Reaction score
Awesome site!!! I have finally got some cash to start up my own tank. This site looks like it going to be a great help with all the trials and error I have yet to face and hopefully help miss some of the newbie mistakes. So any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to MASA!read,read and read and ask all your questions here,we got a very helpful bunch of reefers.tell us about your plans for the new tank

Welcome Angelreaper.....

What do you have in mind regarding "a tank"? Do you already have a tank? If so, what? Please let us know what your background (regarding keeping fish/marines/reefs) are?
What "toys" do you have (ie. skimmers, lighting, reactors, power-heads/pumps)?
What saltwater do you use? Salt mixed with RO (Reverse Osmosis water)? Or do you Use NSW (natural sea water)?

Have a look around the site - look at the other "newbie" questions/comments...

Ask many questions - make up your own mind.... ;-)

Good luck!
Jacques

Thanks all for the welcome.

Well I not to sure yet, I would like to build the tank into the wall to save space but seems like a free standing tank gives you more views of the reef and better affect from the pics I’ve seen. The hardware, all the pet shops and aquariums I’ve been to keep giving me different advice to what I need and what is a luxury. What would you guys recommend?

Grim Reaper is the Angel of Death that’s why I choose Angelreaper

Free standing tanks look pretty good and they have the bonus of being easy to access and work with in terms of aquascaping, coral placement, catching fish, etc. Unfortunately any algal films on the glass will show up probably more than twice as much (2 layers of glass you're looking through and is easier to see against a lighter background).

The question of what you need really depends on what you're keeping. Don't buy anything until you've researched it thoroughly, and even then, "sit" on it for a bit because something better always comes along after you've just bought something.

Welcome AngelReaper.

Back
Top Bottom