What's up with these zoas?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by ascheff, 25 Jan 2015.

1. ascheff

ascheff

One of my zoa colonies have been acting weird, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

[​IMG]

I started with just the two biggest polyps, and 5 new polyps have since appeared. The new ones, and every other zoa colony in my tank looks fine, but the two big polyps have been folding back over themselves like this for the last week or so.

In my mind they look unhappy. Is this normal behaviour, or an indication of something else? Position, flow, light?

Seeing as everything else is fine I'm willing to let it run it's course if it's just affecting these two, but if it's a sign of some bigger issue, I'd rather do something about it.

Thanks.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hails

Hails

Probably a little stressed (flow, predation, lighting too high). They generally return to normal in about two days.

4. ascheff

ascheff Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll leave them alone for now, seeing as the other polyps are still fine. Moving them now will probably just stress them more. I cleaned my wave maker last weekend, so the flow might be slightly different than before, which might have caused the stress. Hopefully they get used to it and recover.

Recent Posts