Whats up with my banana wrasse?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
howzit crew.just over a month back i bought a banana wrasse.beautiful fish always swimming around,until about 3 weeks ago i couldnt find him,anyway thought he died.yesterdat he popped out and went for one long swim in the tank and went to the back of the rockwork and dissappeared again.
anyone know whats happening?
cool

something might be stressing it out .... u kno the story with wrasses & burying themselves !!!

agree beautiful fish,I have noticed that they are more nervous than other ,usually boistrous ,wrasses.Have had one banana jumping from the tank before,current one always around even when actinics are on for last hour at night.

Yes stress is most definitely a likely cause of your banana not coming out to play for 3 weeks. Not to worry this is perfectly normal. If the condition persists give me your email address and I can forward plenty emails with medication at great prices.

If he is still eating i wouldn't worry too much, he will settle down again.

Hey Guys. I just put a Banana wrasse in my tank. First thing he did was head fro the sand. I thought as much that this was a stress related behavior. But can anyone tell me what these little critters are normally like in a tank. What are some of the behavioural traits of this fish?

Hey Guys. I just put a Banana wrasse in my tank. First thing he did was head fro the sand. I thought as much that this was a stress related behavior. But can anyone tell me what these little critters are normally like in a tank. What are some of the behavioural traits of this fish?
They really are beautiful community fish. Always checking in between crevices etc looking for pods. A very easy beginner fish.

I suspect your lack of substrate is stressing the fish out.

(It stresses me out when I look at your pictures)

Last edited:
I suspect your lack of substrate is stressing the fish out.

(It stresses me out when I look at your pictures)
If you are referring to me, I think you are mistaken. Look at the date again (21-06-2007). This was my old featured tank in 2007! Oh yeah, and it had had over 60kg's of substrate. :biggrin:

I have two and its Quite fun watch them chasing each other. They extremely fast and im just waiting patiently when they will swim headon into a rock. But they disappear into the substrate way before lights out

Back
Top Bottom