What's this mark?

Reaction score
We got this Raccoon Angel this weekend, and noticed this whiteish mark, almost looked like a cut or scrape mark on his side. We thought it was a scar, as it more resembled an old wound than something fresh.

We noticed now that it's actually starting to look worse now, looking more like a fresh wound. Anyone with some insight about what might be wrong with the little guy?

Sorry about the picture quality... I really struggled to get him to stay still for a second!

IMG_2824.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a little correction thats a raccoon butterfly not an angel and not reef safe. Is there no chance of a clearer pic, looks like an infection of sorts

Reaction score
It might be a bruise caused by some accident, or similar, that got infected. The infection could be bacterial of fungal. Kind of hard to see in the picture.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I pressue he is in your DT and not in QT?If it gets worse you wil have to QT and treat

Reaction score
maybe look at Seachem NeoPlex. its a broad spectrum antibiotic for external infections.

I would catch the fish and keep it in a float box in the main tank. then remove it everyday for a 10 min dip in NeoPlex and Water from the tank.

You can add it to the food but I find it works better when treating a small amount of water to dip the fish in

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, haven't gotten around to the forums until today.

The mark got better eventually.

Top Bottom